Renovated my kitchen almost two years ago and I would love to have some window treatments but I am having a terribly difficult time. Attached is pic
of my bay window/nook area. I'm looking for suggestions for over the sink area also. The color on the walls is BM Mystic Gold. Considering Country Curtains Devon Floral valance but think an 18" valance on a 55" length window may be too long even though it has a scalloped edge. Country Curtains Macrame tier is also pretty but would not offer much color. Appreciate any thoughts you may have! Thank You!! Cross posting to kitchens forum.
|I had the same problem: small and large window to coordinate. I ended up making my own stagecoach valences. Good luck, its a tough area. |
|Devon scallop valance |
I agree that the 18" is too long for your windows. But shortening them would be a cinch, since it's just a simple rod pocket at the top. And the print is random enough that it looks as though you could take up to 6" off the length without destroying the look.
Can you cut some construction paper to size and tape it up and live with it a day or two to see how much of the window you're comfortable with covering up?
Nice shade Coco. I like the stripe you put on the underside to contrast.
|I can't see from the picture...is the bay window symmetrical? What kind of space is there between the bay and the kitchen cabinet? Is there any room at all or are they flush? |
You may just want to go for a woven wood blind which can be mounted to the top of each window in the bay and kept up tight for maximum light exposure, and mount a matching one up near the ceiling over the sink and let it hang longer to cover the top of the window frame so the height difference is less noticeable.
Return to the Home Decorating & Design Forum
Information about Posting
- You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
- Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
- Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
- After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
- Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
- We have a strict no-advertising policy!
- If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
- If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.
Learn more about in-text links on this page here