Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
gmp3_gw

Paint, roof and garage door ideas

gmp3
9 years ago

We were hit by a major hail storm and will need to replace the roof and garage door. We are due to paint. The brick is 90s peach. Ideas?

I am considering gray paint, white trim and black/charcoal roof. Any suggestions for colors? Door color? Garage door?

I'll need new lights as well.

Comments (6)

• Annie Deighnaugh
    9 years ago

Are you painting the brick or leaving it?

• gmp3
    Original Author
    9 years ago

I would love to paint it. It is overwhelming on the front of the house and it is ugly.

• Elraes Miller
    9 years ago

I just had my hail roof reshingled. Drove around the area to see what people have done. It seems like every house got hit within 2 miles. My prior roof was a black mix and a lot of houses have chosen the same. Not sure if this was to insulate with the sun during winter on black or just a choice. My decision ended up with mixed shades of gray and like it so much better. Mainly because the roof looks like shingles. I have a white cottage, am not suggesting this color for yours.

What is directing you thoughts towards a black mix? If there are other homes in your area similar, suggest a drive to see what they look like.

• gmp3
    Original Author
    9 years ago

I had a dark gray/black on my last house and it looked very classic, I also think it would work well with the gray. I like a contrast. We drove around last time and looked at options as well. Gray sounds really pretty with a white house, but I don't think I would like it on mine.

• gmp3
    Original Author
    9 years ago

Had some time this morning to play on Photoshop. It looked really stark without the brick sills painted the lighter trim color. What do you think of the 2 tone garage door? Front door color?

Will I regret painting brick?

• awm03
    9 years ago

I like the two tone garage door -- very nice!

Maybe it's because that arch seems so tall, but the white gutters/top trim just draws the eyes up, up. up. Here I've played with a mid tone gray, which might add a subtle dimension without attracting too much attention. And maybe a blue for the door might work well, and let the landscaping provide the color, and add a white lamp post to tie in the white door trim and the garage white. Oh, and the lead colored window boxes too.

So the color scheme is gray, mid gray, lead gray, charcoal (roof), some white, blue door, lots of white flowers.