zipdee1
9 years ago

Who's decorating? I'd love to see ...

My skeleton's came out of the closet hungry! They've done gone cannibal! :O

Comments (45)

• zipdee1
    Original Author
    9 years ago

This guy seems to have fallen out of the tree, they aren't right in the head this year!

• zipdee1
    Original Author
    9 years ago

This guys came out ... Missing a hand! Which we could never find. We think the 'biter' might have got to him. So he decided to hang by his feet instead!

• zipdee1
    Original Author
    9 years ago

Stomping my mums .. Hanging from the trees like Tarzan!

• zipdee1
    Original Author
    9 years ago

A few seem a bit more mentally stable, well for skellies anyhow. ;) This our friendly meeter greeter of the bunch.

• zipdee1
    Original Author
    9 years ago

Our dog walker and his skellie dog pal.

• EricaBraun
    9 years ago

Great decorating! That first picture is fabulous.

• zipdee1
    Original Author
    9 years ago

Then there is the dude dancing on the column with the snake.

Black sheep obviously. Not talked about in polite company ;)

That's all for now. Tomorrow I'll put up the cottage :)

• zipdee1
    Original Author
    9 years ago

Thanks Erica! We had a lot of fun. :)

• Sueb20
    9 years ago

That is fantastic. Where did you get the skeleton dog? I want one!

• Fun2BHere
    9 years ago

I love the cat and dog skeletons...so creepy.

• User
    9 years ago

What fun! Your skeletons look like they're enjoying Halloween and I'll bet everyone in your neighborhood will love them!

• nutsaboutplants
    9 years ago

Cool!

• zipdee1
    Original Author
    9 years ago

Sue, Fun2Bhere ,Kswl and Nutsaboutplants ... Thanks so much for the kind comments. We always have a lot of fun decorating , every year we try to add a little more. Last year it was singing pumpkins, fog machines and chillers. This year we added the cat and dog .. They're just fun! I also have a big creepy scare crow hopefully going up this weekend, he's a work in progress at the moment.

Sue, I bought the dog online at Grandin Road, he was a tad pricey .. But very well made. He will be around as long as I want to use him. The cat I bought on sale at CVS.

• zipdee1
    Original Author
    9 years ago

Shots of the house as you walk up on it ..

• zipdee1
    Original Author
    9 years ago

Back for his forth year ... Giagantor the spider. His head moves back and forth scanning the street for tid bits to gobble up. Ernie our corgi thinks he might be on the menu .. He's not thrilled with the 8 foot arachnoid hanging out on the roof!

Giagantor .. Received his own house last year. He sits on the cottage roof, that's his domaine .. No skeletons allowed! Although ., I hear tell of a war coming between the two, next year in the side connecting yard. ;)

This post was edited by Zipdee1 on Thu, Oct 9, 14 at 7:51

• Sueb20
    9 years ago

You have inspired me... I googled skeleton dogs last night and ended up ordering a dog, plus some zombie flamingos, from Amazon.

• zipdee1
    Original Author
    9 years ago

Sue .. I'd love to see your skellie dog and flamingos when you get them placed!!! Halloween has always been big for our family, when the girls got too old to TOT is when we really started decorating big time. My oldest will be going off to college next year and my middle DD the year after, time flies so you might as well enjoy it! :) We now get between 400 - 500 kids a year show up to tot and see the house all done up.

Is Teacats still here? I remember she and her Dh used to do Halloween in a big way too. :)

• Errant_gw
    9 years ago

Wow, I love all of the skeletons!!! I only have one, but now I want to find more! Yours look much nicer than mine, too.

• party_music50
    9 years ago

Love the skeletons -- now I want one! off to search the net... :)

• party_music50
    9 years ago

zipdee, I've searched and found a 5' skeleton that allegedly can be posed. It gets good reviews but the write-up says it's for indoor use only. :p Can you say where you bought yours and whether they state they're for outdoor use?

• Sueb20
    9 years ago

Sadly, we won't even be home for Halloween this year -- it's parents weekend at my DS' college. Who does parents weekend on Halloween?? Gah. My youngest, who is in 8th grade, is pretty annoyed. I will bring in my skeleton dog and flamingos that night, just in case someone thinks about kidnapping them!

• violetwest
    9 years ago

I love the skellie dog!

Would like to see others' pics, too. I need to buy some more Halloween decorations this year. Trying for just enough -- I do want trick or treaters!

Will probably put out pumpkins and a wreath. Saw some cute wreaths at Target.

• zipdee1
    Original Author
    9 years ago

Errant and Violet West thanks! :)

Party music .. Some I bought at party city, those I wouldn't suggest. They pop apart too easy .. I use them in supported poses only. About half I bought at Walgreens and they are built much more sturdy, any of the poses I do where they need to stand more alone, I use those. I'm pretty sure they said indoor and outdoor use.

Sue .. Sorry you are going to miss Halloween at home, but I'm sure parent night at the college will be fun. If you aren't going to be home bringing them in is a good idea. We have everything well secured, but I hide a motion sensitive deer camera with a 32 gig memory card in the bushes just I case anyone decides to walk of with any of the skellies.

This post was edited by Zipdee1 on Thu, Oct 9, 14 at 12:58

• party_music50
    9 years ago

Thanks for the info, zipdee! :)

• teacats
    9 years ago

Yes -- still here on Lot 13, Block 13 on Cemetery Hill! :)

Zipdee: Your house is Looking AMAZING!!!! Just love it! :)

Our cemetery has been set up -- and even the neighbours on each side (and down the block) have REALLY gone all out to add their wonderful cemeteries too! Our neighbourhood has alleys in back -- so -- our front yards are all joined -- and ready to party on Oct. 31st!

We usually end up with 100-150 trick-or-treaters .... plus a kitchen party here (for the adults neighbours/friends! LOL!) with lots of food and beverages!

Will be taking photos -- after my Skeleton Crew has been set up too! :)

Happy Haunting from Hemlock Cottage! :)

• zipdee1
    Original Author
    9 years ago

Sorry guys, had a bit of a medical lapse there. The dogs played in poison oak and I didn't realize until my eyes started to swell shut that I had been exposed. One Er visit later and a script for prednisone, I can at least see again. It has spread all over .. I'm living for tecnu. Thankfully my children and Dh seem immune, my side of the family has always had.a terrible reaction. Although no halloween costume required this year .. I bare a striking resemblance to Quasimodo! :p

Teacats , I'm glad to hear you guys are still in the halloween spirit! :) Your party and decorating sound wonderful. Please, please put pictures up if you get a chance!! I wish people participated around here.

• lkplatow
    9 years ago

Costco has a 5 foot posable skeleton this year for about $37. Ours still had a ton left as of last week if anyone is still looking (in fact, the traveling piano show was at Costco next to the skeleton display and the piano salesguy appropriated the sample skeleton, parked him on the player-piano bench, and gave him a suit and tie. It was awesome, actually!

• arcy_gw
    9 years ago

I saw skeleton's at one of the big box discount stores this season. They are very fun. A tish creepy but not all out ish. That is the kind of decorating I can appreciate.The way you have them displayed is so much fun!! Not a cheap collection! I stick with my pumpkin patch--the jack-o-lanterns with the lights inside. I got most at garage sales.

• kamilsa85
    9 years ago

Maybe this mummy

Here is a link that might be useful: photo source - more halloween decorations

• Misselle
    9 years ago

Oh my gosh. I'm from Australia, and have always loved all creepy tings great and small, and I've got to say, I an SO JEALOUS! People are "kinda" into halloween here, if you live in the right neighbourhood, but it is becoming more popular. Last year I got this great candy bowl, It's like a skeletons head and you press his nose and he screams at you and a hand pops up trying to grab whoever is reaching into the bowl. Scared the hell out of some local teenages, it was so funny! Anyway, sorry to go on! Really an jealous and hope everyone over there has a FANTASTIC halloween! :-)

• lynninnewmexico
    9 years ago

OMG, Zipdee, I love your wonderful Halloween decs and your wonderful sense of humor decorating for it!
    Lynn

• oldfixer
    9 years ago

Sorry, not mine.

• Kathie738 P
    9 years ago

Our climbers

• outsideplaying_gw
    9 years ago

I love your skellies! I remember your pics from last year. Love the additions you've made, especially the doggie.

Sub - zombie flamingoes??!! On my way to Amazon to check those out. We have a 'flamingo' thing around here. I bought 'Bone Jett' this year. She's a skellie rock star that sings.

• daki
    9 years ago

I absolutely adore the skeletons!

My home has no Halloween decorations... perhaps next year....

Last year, your skeleton crew inspired me to buy one for my cubicle area at work. Then you had to post more this year! So, I bought two more for the office. Last year's guy is now wearing a toddler's skeleton costume (co-worker did that), and the two new ones are climbing around the cubicle panels. :)

• joeymc96
    9 years ago

I love your skeletons! I put these witches together his morning. My mom always made them when I was growing up. I am into cute decor. I would probably scare myself with anything else.

• lynninnewmexico
    9 years ago

What a great idea, JoeyMc ! That looks like you've used some kind of ball and various sticks. Getting the black cloth the right length might me a bit tricky. Did you use fabric off a bolt, a black tablecloth or what? Very cute! Like you, I love the cute Halloween decs but shy away from anything gruesome
    Lynn

• zipdee1
    Original Author
    9 years ago

Kathie .. Your skellies and decorations look awesome!! Thanks so much for sharing a picture :)

Joey, I love your witch ring .. Happy dancing witches, the kids will love them!

Everyone thanks for the nice comments, I love Halloween .. Always have, I've been hard at work finishing stuff up .. Dead line is near .. I have more to post, try to in a bit ;)

Carving head .. Pumpkin king .. Large funkin, painted, carved, distressed ..

Pumpkin patch guardian put together .. Next comes haunted pumpkin patch ..

At night :

Carving and painting sign ..

Sign and greeter go up ..

Fence going up ..

Behind this goes singing pumpkins, I'll try to put our trail run video of that up below.
    And .. The pumpkin ghouls ..

Starting to make hands and legs :

This is just a trial run .. Faces will be carved in and arms drilled in in the next couple of days.

Argh ..

Making safe candles ..

The cow says boo!

Making faux beams.

Starting to dress the scene .. Those three pumpkins are the singing pumpkins .. Projecton.

Monster holding candle .. Think I heard him yell Freebird ;) more monsters in works, waiting for arms and legs to dry so I can dry brush them ..

Corgi in a coffin .. Ernie says I can rock this mom ..

This is still a work in progress, just a quick scene to cover fog chiller/machine .. Still painting on it and need to install green string lights to glow out the cracks ..

• zipdee1
    Original Author
    9 years ago

Trial run .. We've adjusted it since this, the big guys face was coming off a bit. Now I have a measurement to build equipment stand. The kids love them!!

Taken with ipad .. So not best quality. Sorry .. Don't know how to link.

http://youtu.be/nKZGasIIcCw

• pugga
    9 years ago

Zipdee, I can't believe how creative and clever your decorations are! What fun. I want to trick or treat at your house!

• zipdee1
    Original Author
    9 years ago

Pugga, thanks! :) it's a very fun holiday for me and something we work on and decorate as a family, the girls and even my Dh helps out. We get a lot of trick or treaters too .. I'm expecting around the 600 range this year. I hand out full sized candy .. It's my big splurge and turns into kind of a party with people hanging out watching the singing pumpkins and talking. Lots of fun! I'm still working on bringing stuff together. Got my pumpkin scene built and dressed .. equipment stand out there. Trying to check things off a list as I go, my memory is terrible. Lol

• zipdee1
    Original Author
    9 years ago

I have absolutely dying to carve these!

First pumpkin monster done .. He looks more than a tad demented. lol

• zipdee1
    Original Author
    9 years ago

Happy almost Halloween everyone!
    Not sure if anyone still reading this.. LOL.

Finally done .. All that's left is to put out of skellie in coffin to hide fog machine on big night.

Welcome to my Haunted Pumpkin patch .. Where the guardian watches over his scary little squash! By the light of a Halloween Moon, some sing and tell stories centuries old. Some sprout twisted rooty little limbs and scuttle about .. Oooooo ..oooo. Ooooo..ooooo ;)

Last pic, the wooden box lid up. Projector is hidden inside ..

• outsideplaying_gw
    9 years ago

Zipdee, if I lived near you, you couldn't keep me away from your house on Halloween! So much fun to be had!!! Love, love, love it all! That coffin is to 'die' for!! Mwaaahhaahaahaa!!!

• Kiwigem
    9 years ago

My kids have gotten too old for trick-or-treating so now they are the decor :-)

Sponsored
Manifesto, Inc.
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars9 Reviews
Columbus OH Premier Interior Designer 2x Best of Houzz Winner!