Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
ww340

Please help me with this furniture color

ww340
12 years ago

I need to repaint this bedroom set. I need a nice creamy white, preferably in a sherwin williams color for my cabinet guy who is refinishing it for me.

Comments (16)

• InteriorStylist
    12 years ago

Westhighland White.

~Jeana

• palimpsest
    12 years ago

Is that the actual bedroom set? That looks like a photo from a 1963-ish decorating book?

• Pipdog
    12 years ago

BM White Dove. Not too white. Love the bed!

• jakabedy
    12 years ago

Is it still in original condition? I wouldn't touch a thing.

• ww340
    Original Author
    12 years ago

Thanks for the help. That is the actual bedroom set. It was in architectural digest in the 1960's.

I have owned it for the last 30 years. It has to be redone, because it has yellowed and chipped.

I think I would like to have it pearlized like it was originally, but my cabinet maker is having a tough time with that.

I am open to suggestions on the new color. I am also having to cut down the size of the night stands.

Here is a link to the set now

Here is a link that might be useful: Bedroom set

• chibimimi
    12 years ago

Why is your cabintmaker having trouble with the pearlized finish? Several companies offer it. He could even look at autopaint, although colors might be more limited -- it would be extremely durable. In fact, maybe you should suggest that he send it to an autobody shop -- they have all the equipment and expertise to paint it.

• lazy_gardens
    12 years ago

If you want it pearlized, definitely take it to a paint shop that does cars. They can fill the chips, sand it ultra smooth and hand it over in Candy Apple Red with gold flakes.

• gsciencechick
    12 years ago

Wow, that set is amazing!! I agree, talk to an auto body shop.

• ww340
    Original Author
    12 years ago

He did get the auto paint. He did a sample door, but it was stark white and the pearle finnish was just in little spots (sprayed on).

I would like him to get it to a creamier color and a more even pearl finnish. Perhaps he just needs to spray it heavier.

• prairiegirlz5
    12 years ago

OT I'm in love with your wallpaper!

• deeinohio
    12 years ago

I'll bet you're so happy to have your set looking gorgeous again! He did a great job. Please share the room when you get it altogether.
    Dee

• caminnc
    12 years ago

He did do a great job! Keep us posted with the end result.

• Oakley
    12 years ago

Oooh, oooh, I want to see your rose bathroom!

• quiethouse
    12 years ago

Your furniture looks terrific - before and after. The lines of the furniture and your old wallpaper were really complementary.

• ww340
    Original Author
    12 years ago

Thanks so much everyone. It is thrilling to have it refinished and in my home again. It has been in storage for many years.

Dee I will be happy to post the finished room when I get it there.

Gigi, that was a truly beautiful room. It was not for everyone for sure. I loved it.

Oakleyok, I am away from home for a few days, so I can only give you some glimpses of the bath with pictures I already have on my computer.

I don't have a good finished picture of the tub, but here is a peek. I also have some early pictures during construction, but none with it more finished.