Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
tnorman_gw

Shutter Color Help!

tnorman
9 years ago

Looking to change up my shutter color. Thoughts on this navy??? The current shutters are the same color of the door. Am thinking to paint the door frame around the storm door white, then paint the door the same navy. Opinions and advice appreciated!

Comments (12)

• awm03
    9 years ago

Hale Navy doesn't strike me as right, and I'm not sure why. I like this black better (sorry, I know that's boring), preferably in a gloss. It makes the white look crisp, lets the pretty brick "speak." Works with the roof color too. I guess it's more cohesive whereas the Hale Navy looks too busy. Then use a brighter blue on the door. No shutters on the bay window: it stands well enough on its own without extra fuss.
    What do you think, tnorman?

• parisgirl2
    9 years ago

Thanks for your input! Seems most houses in our area with similar brick/siding have black shutters. Was just looking for something that gave it a little zing .. but clearly not sure of the blue myself and that's why I'm here :-) Here is a photo with green ... like when we first bought the home. Thoughts?

• parisgirl2
    9 years ago

The more I look at the black .. the more it does look right! Ugh .. I so struggle with such things.

• msrose
    9 years ago

Sorry, but I'm partial to the black also.

• 2MayEmeralds
    9 years ago

I like the black too.
    We recently bought a new roof and shutters. When deciding, we were torn between that and "Wedgewood Blue" (blue/grey color). But colors go in and out of style and black is timeless...

• parisgirl2
    9 years ago

Thanks for the help everyone! Black it is ... I had not done the mock up in black and when I did .. it really looked the best!

• parisgirl2
    9 years ago

Finished painting our faded vinyl shutters ... what a fun and easy project ... seriously! Just need one more set of shutter along the Bay window. Thanks for the advice ... black was the right color!

• tibbrix
    9 years ago

Looks great. Black always looks great with brickâ¦and with white. I think you made the exact right choice.

• western_pa_luann
    9 years ago

"Just need one more set of shutter along the Bay window. "

I would skip those.
    Seriously.
    It looks so much better without them.

• theclose
    9 years ago

Looks great! I, too, would skip the shutters on the bay window.

• awm03
    9 years ago

It looks so clean and classic -- very nice! I like the bay window without the shutters too. It holds its own without them. Stylistically, shutters aren't appropriate for a bay window anyway.

• parisgirl2
    9 years ago

Thanks Garden Webers ... I will take your advice once again. So appreciate your input!

Sponsored
KA Builders
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars1 Review
Industry Leading General Contractors in Columbus