Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
sorriso_gw

Greenish gray paint?

sorriso
15 years ago

I thought I had it with BM Richmond Gray, but it's definitely green. A lovely green, but not what I was going for in my kitchen. Recommendations for a greenish gray please and thank you.

Linda

Comments (20)

• home_decorator_guy
    15 years ago

Lots of grayish wall paints with color tints these days aren't there? Best thing to do in my experience is pick a couple of shades that YOU like and paint several sample swatches on the wall then wait a few days so you can see what you think of each choice as light changes in the room so you'll know for sure which one you like best.

• lauren674
    15 years ago

I used Ancient Marble, Sherwin Williams in my home office, and it looks very calming. Its a green/grey. You'd have to determine if its too much green tint in your room.

• msrose
    15 years ago

Sag Harbor Gray (the one above Richmond Gray) looks a little more on the gray side. I don't know how accurate it is, but I found this picture. Also, Creekside Green looks gray/green.

Laurie

Here is a link that might be useful: Sag Harbor Gray

• flowerpwr45
    15 years ago

I toured a showhome that used BM Bleeker Beige; it was a pretty grayish green.

• jane__ny
    15 years ago

Paints are a headache! I have Bleeker Beige in my family room and it looks beigey-green. No gray at all. I don't like it. I have dark-brown carpet, it could be the reason.

• metromom
    15 years ago

Here is BM Raintree Green - might be greener than you want. The other one I considered was Vale Mist. FWIW, I think that with grays, the other color (ie green) comes through much more than you expect it to - ie when I splotched Raintree Green, it read as totally gray, but once the whole room was done, you really see the green. So, I would go grayer than you want to end up.

• sweeby
    15 years ago

Take a look at Ralph Lauren's Cathedral Grey -- Very pretty.

• crescent50
    15 years ago

How about BM Nantucket Gray if you like a darker shade or Morning Dew for a really light gray-green?

• brutuses
    15 years ago

Here is nantucket gray

{{gwi:1484996}}

• lisa_mocha
    15 years ago

Hi-

If you are looking for a softer colour, Benjamin Moore Gray Cashmere is beautiful. Very soothing...

• crescent50
    15 years ago

brutuses-
    I couldn't remember who it was that had the beautiful nantucket gray- I love that color in your space!

• User
    15 years ago

The one room in our new home that everyone always comments on regarding the color is done in SW Comfort Gray. It's a very soothing, serene shade that goes nicely with many other colors.

Don't let the name throw you, it's a soft sagey grey.

• sorriso
    Original Author
    15 years ago

Thank you all for the suggestions, they give me some re-starting suggestions. Home Decorator Guy, oh the trials and blocks of color I have already...now at least they will be somewhat similar in hue! Hopefully DH will appreciate all your efforts :)

• orie
    15 years ago

Not sure who it's by but Conservative Gray is really pretty. Saw it in a model home and loved it. Didn't work in my lack-of-natural-light room, though- still a beautiful color.

• pfmastin
    15 years ago

You might want to take a look at BM Paris Rain (#1501). I picked up a quart yesterday (they didn't have it in a sample) and it was too gray for my purpose, but it's a beautiful, subtle color. I ended up with Tree Moss.

Pam

• brutuses
    15 years ago

Here is cashmere gray in the master bath. It gets lots of light in that room.

• metromom
    15 years ago

brutuses, that's gorgeous!

• bellaflora
    15 years ago

I love this color - Farrow & Ball French Gray.
    RL cathedral grey is beautiful too.

• brutuses
    15 years ago

thanks

• aiallega
    15 years ago

BM Gray Mirage is a wonderful light greenish-gray paint. Very neutral.