Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
ledmond

Anyone know anything about these chairs?

LE
9 years ago

Ad says this:

Set of 4 Walnut + Black Vinyl Dining Chairs. Milo Baughman Designed These For Dillingham. The Black Vinyl Is In Excellent Shape and Feels Like Leather, Very High Quality. Walnut Frame In Beautiful Condition.
36' Tall (x) 18.5' Wide (x) 19' Deep (x) 17' Tall Seat Height

I'm not too good at Craigslist, but I have gotten some things that way that I really like. Oh yeah, I suck at bargaining, so no idea if 550.00 for 4 of these is good, bad, or just reasonable.

The chairs will be for a corner banquette, so one will be at the end and the other 3 will be seen primarily from the back. I like that the back is simple, but has some visual interest. We will go tomorrow to see if we think they are comfortable. We do end up sitting for hours at our dining room table sometimes...

I did look up Milo B and a lot of his designs, while wonderful, are a lot more MCM that we are planning our house to be. The house is in the woods on an island. Sort of farmhouse in shape, with metal siding and roof, concrete floors, slab doors on cabinetry-- more contemporary finishes, but not too sleek. The dining room table top will be from some slabs of Doug fir from a tree we had to remove. 2 inches thick is the plan, so kind of chunky. Our windows are black, our stairs are metal and open, so a little industrial.

With all that going on, do you think these would work visually? (The comfort factor will be evaluated using our actual backsides.)

Here is a link that might be useful: Milo Baughman chairs

Comments (4)