Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
kellymamom

Can anyone post pics of their playroom

kellymamom
15 years ago

We are going to be making over our garage into a playroom for our two kids and I would love to see pictures of your playroom to get some ideas.

Thanks!!!

Comments (10)

• fairytalebaby
    15 years ago

Ours is over the garage...but here you go!

We have some childrens' tables and Pottery Barn chairs.

The tent is a favorite...and not pictured is the Haba swing hanging from the hall ceiling

The organizational cubbies are from Target and are the perfect size---good luck with the reno...the kids will love it!

• bestyears
    15 years ago

Love this from Ratemyspace.com -and it was all done on the cheap!

Here is a link that might be useful: GREAT playroom!

• metromom
    15 years ago

this isn't mine, but one of my favorites from the web:

http://twostraightlines.typepad.com/two_straight_lines/2006/11/the_toyroom.html

• daisyadair
    15 years ago

I wish I had pictures of our garage conversion that we did at our other house. It was two bedroom with a toy loft over them and another play area off the bedrooms. A couple of things that made the area more liveable was the addition of windows on either side. We chose to leave the garage door on the outside because it was in front and the driveway would have looked odd had we chosen to remove the door.

Here's a pic of our current "playroom".

{{gwi:1538224}}

• travisandjill
    15 years ago

Daisyadair,

Is that by chance a ragdoll cat you have? We have one that looks exactly like yours :)

• daisyadair
    15 years ago

Yes, travisandjill, it is - they are just SO pretty aren't they?

• mayland
    15 years ago

Below is a pic of our playroom. Our kids are almost 5 and 3 (boy and girl). It is also our back entrance to the house so its sort of a "mudroom" as well.

On the left-hand wall that you can't see are 2 large closets (shoes, coats, recycling) and a full-length mirror in between them. That wall is white, and the white carries round to the room divider that separates the play area from the entrance area. DH's idea, I think I would have prefered all yellow, but he is somewhat color-phobic, so this was our compromise!

The playroom is really more of an "art" and "messy" (playdoh, clay, etc) room. All the toys are up in the kids' bedrooms and they play with them there or bring some down into the kitchen/living room when they want to.

We still need to frame some of the kids' paintings and put on the walls - we have one so far above the sofa that you can't see in the photo. One day we'll get a new exterior door there as well.

My favorite thing is the series of IKEA magnetic knife strips attached to the wall (in the far corner) at kiddie height. They can put up their favorite/recent artwork there and can change it round to suit them. The room divider and table are both from IKEA also. The rug is a bamboo rug and wipes clean very easily.

(excuse the pile of 2x4s, we are forever renovating this house!)

• jaymielo
    15 years ago

mayland , I love your little space and the idea about the ikea knife magnetic strips. Do you mind sharing where you got your window treatments? I think they are adorable. Is it just a valance, or is there a shade sucked under there? Cute room! Jaymie

• mayland
    15 years ago

Jaymie, thank you! They are roman shades. When they are down, the triangular bottom part (whatever its called!) hangs just below the window ledge.
    I got them at JCP outlet, they were very cheap (link below). They do not block the light that well, but that doesnt matter for us in this room as we rarely use it for anyone to sleep in.
    I cut off the little tassel thing on the blinds and my kids helped me replace each with some beads threaded on string that I attached instead. They like beads :)

Here is a link that might be useful: roman shades

• jaymielo
    15 years ago

Super cute! Thank you so much for the link mayland! I'm off to do some shopping! Jaymie