Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
txmarti

What do you think of these colors for bed?

TxMarti
10 years ago

I don't know if I don't like it because of my mood or because it's really as blah as I'm seeing it right now.

Here is my bedroom before - the 2nd photo shows the colors better but the ottomans are gone. The coverlet is ivory, bedskirt is red and green plaid homespun, and the throw (which wasn't made in this photo) is a mossy green with red roses). The walls are a shade or two darker than the coverlet - during the day looks the same ivory and at night more a butter color.

I painted and then repainted both ceiling and walls and even though this isn't quite the color I had in mind, I'm leaving it. It's a little more blue than I wanted, and a little darker. I wanted a bluish gray and it's really baby blue during the day. It's the color I wanted at night but not as light as I wanted. But I'll live with it and try for a lighter, grayer color with the next room.

So now that the walls are blue, my green throw and valance pieces don't work. I bought some fabric today to make a throw that looks great with the blue, and I also bought a lighter fabric in case my red dust ruffle doesn't work with it.

However, I can't find my coverlet or dust ruffle right now, so I improvised with another quilt turned over.

This is the wall color right now, early evening and it's cloudy so it's the grayish color I like.
{{!gwi}}

What do you think about the fabric for the dust ruffle?

{{!gwi}}

{{!gwi}}

I used to have the dresser under the tv but there was only 24" between the dresser and the bed, so I took it out and will put something shallow there, like a bookcase or maybe a quilt rack. And of course I still need to put in carpet, a light color.

Comments (3)