Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
kiki_thinking

Is it possible to hang ikea curtains on a transverse rod?

kiki_thinking
11 years ago

I have curtains tht I would like to hang in my family room. They are Ikea "alvine satin" if you would like to google them.

The curtains have a 3 " wide rod pocket all the way across the top. They also have tabs bridging the rod pocket at 9" intervals. Not tab tops, they don't stick up above the curtains.

In the past, I just threaded a rod through the tabs and hung them, but the drapes were seldom pulled. In my current family room for reasons of privacy and light, I'll need to open and close them daily.

I don't really like the look of ring clippies, so I was wondering if I can use these curtains somehow on a center opening transverse rod, or if I can adapt them to be used on a transverse rod?

Or is there a better rod solution? I think all the transverse rods I see in the store are unattractive, almond and very utilitarian, not at all decorative.

And if it helps, my taste is heavily influenced by Ikea catalogs in the 90s : ) kind of modern-Swedish-country. I tend to like black or brownish black hardware. A little feminine is okay, but fairly clean lines. And budget matters, so custom drapes are out of consideration and for budget reasons, I'd like to make the drapes I have work. : )

I think drapery/window treatments are the hardest thing ever. So any help is really appreciated.

Comments (8)