Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
kitchendetective

Need help with young man's bedroom ,please

kitchendetective
12 years ago

One of the Dses wants to use his old king size bed in a room with silvery gray wtw carpet and a black roman shade. Walls can be any color, bedding can be redone, curtains can be added over the roman shade. The bed is almost-black wood, with a dark brown leather tufted headboard and footboard. 25-year-old single guy. Carpet stays, for the foreseeable future, as does the very effective blackout lined, black shade. I'm pretty sure this a photo of the same bed, which is a massive king size:

{{!gwi}}
I don't believe the rest of the furniture is from the same (Bernhardt) group, but the stain is very similar to the black of the bed on the night tables and chest of drawers, so it looks coordinated. My thought was

1. Paint walls gray to blend with carpet (Pavilion Gray was a possibility, but he says it's too blue.)

2. Find fabrics in pattern and print that contain black, brown, gray, and something more colorful, e.g. green or gold to use for bedding and curtains over shade.

Perhaps you have other ideas you could share? He loathes blue, likes clean lines and some Asian-inspired accents, and modern and contemporary furnishings. (I like less calm, less linear styles, so I'm finding this difficult. Also, the brown/gray combination is throwing me off.) I have a few ideas for fabric, but I'd prefer to hear what others say first. He needs lamps, too.

Comments (11)

Sponsored
Velero Deck Designs
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars3 Reviews
Loudoun County's Source for High-End Custom Decks & Outdoor Structures