Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
newenglandsara2

kitchen pendants to coordinate with this larger pendant?

newenglandsara2
9 years ago

Hi All,

We are trying to find a small kitchen pendant (we need four matching ones in the 4-6" range) to coordinate with a larger pendant in our kitchen that hangs above our kitchen table. I will attach a photo of the pendant above our table, which is the Pottery Barn capiz shell pendant: just recently discontinued and now absent from the website! We are having trouble finding something that doesn't compete with the larger pendant but that isn't TOO plain. Since we need four smaller pendants for above the kitchen sink (right in front of three large windows), we want to try to get the styling right. If it helps, our kitchen cabinets are European beech in a Shaker style alongside medium gray quartz counters and a white Kohler cast iron farm sink. The appliances are stainless, and the backsplash tile is 3 X 6 glass tiles in soft turquoise, seafoam green and white. We tend to like a sort of beachy/cottage look, although the house is a 1941 New England cape with an open kitchen/family room renovation.

A sales associate I like at a local lighting store suggested the Besa glitter pendants:

http://www.besalighting.com/sites/default/files/spec-sheets/cut_lasso_12vpendant.pdf

I like this a lot, although I am not sure if it is too shimmery for our space. Also, it is low voltage, and our electrician has warned us against low voltage pendants: thinks they break down a lot. Any thoughts?

Thanks in advance for any ideas!

Sara

Comments (11)