|I have two very pretty apple green velvet wing chairs. Very nice chairs in great shape and I've dragged them to five different houses - and yet they've never really had a *place* if you know what I mean. But I love them, so I move them.
It bears mentioning that were they slimmer and the seat just a smidgen higher I would, in a heartbeat, use them as my host and hostess chairs with my dining table, but alas, they are too chubby and stocky. The bedrooms here are all too small for a random chair. However, the dining room does have space, to either side of the fireplace, for the chairs.
Our first floor is simple: two rectangles - foyer/dining room and living room/kitchen. The living room has no room for any other furniture.
Knowing that these chairs cannot be pulled into service for dining (we have 8 chairs at our seating for 8 table) nor into service in the living room, would you place them in the corners of the dining room to either side of the fireplace? They won't be blocking traffic. I could even put a floor lamp in one corner and make it appear to be a cozy reading corner (since the living room is "plugged in" with the TV).
It seems like a great place for at least one, if not both, of the chairs, but it also seems weird to have non-dining chairs in the dining room, I guess. Worth making my husband drag one downstairs to try it out?
|Absolutely! I have two wing chairs and a pie crust table in front of a window at one end of my dining room. It is a good look and I imagine you will love yours in front of/to the side of the fireplace.|
|I think that's a great place for the chairs.|
|I don't think it's odd at all. And I can see them being used at a party or gathering. The PO's had a loveseat in the DR here.|
Return to the Home Decorating & Design Forum
Information about Posting
- You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
- Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
- After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
- Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
- We have a strict no-advertising policy!
- If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
- If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.
Learn more about in-text links on this page here