Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
grlwprls

Extra Chairs

grlwprls
11 years ago

I have two very pretty apple green velvet wing chairs. Very nice chairs in great shape and I've dragged them to five different houses - and yet they've never really had a *place* if you know what I mean. But I love them, so I move them.

It bears mentioning that were they slimmer and the seat just a smidgen higher I would, in a heartbeat, use them as my host and hostess chairs with my dining table, but alas, they are too chubby and stocky. The bedrooms here are all too small for a random chair. However, the dining room does have space, to either side of the fireplace, for the chairs.

Our first floor is simple: two rectangles - foyer/dining room and living room/kitchen. The living room has no room for any other furniture.

Knowing that these chairs cannot be pulled into service for dining (we have 8 chairs at our seating for 8 table) nor into service in the living room, would you place them in the corners of the dining room to either side of the fireplace? They won't be blocking traffic. I could even put a floor lamp in one corner and make it appear to be a cozy reading corner (since the living room is "plugged in" with the TV).

It seems like a great place for at least one, if not both, of the chairs, but it also seems weird to have non-dining chairs in the dining room, I guess. Worth making my husband drag one downstairs to try it out?

Comments (3)

Sponsored
SURROUNDS Landscape Architecture + Construction
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars10 Reviews
DC Area's High-End Custom Landscape Design/Build Firm 9x Best of Houzz