Just purchased a new (old) home and having trouble figuring out how to layout furniture because the living room is long and there is a fireplace on the far back wall and a picture window on a long wall along with an entry into the dining room.
I think I need to break the room up into 2 or maybe even 3 areas but struggling to sort it out while still maintaining good flow. We aren't planning on a TV for the room and the area is a blank slate as far as the furniture goes.
Would love your advice!
Return to the Home Decorating & Design Forum
- You must be a registered member and logged in to post messages on our forums.
- Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review the contents and make changes.
- After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
- It is illegal to post copyrighted material without the owner's consent.
- HTML codes are allowed in the message field only.
- No advertising is allowed in any of the forums.
- If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
- If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.