Return to the Home Decorating & Design Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
retro fixtures

Posted by drmeow3 (My Page) on
Wed, Oct 16, 13 at 17:13

I have a house which was built in 1960 which still has some original fixtures. Unfortunately, we can only keep a few in our remodel. I hate to just throw the others away or give them to the Goodwill - I'd like to "find good homes" for them where they would be appreciated. I have no idea how to go about doing that other than Craigslist (I have no idea how much they would be worth - although the money isn't the most important part). The items are a NuTone radio/intercom system (was still working when we took it out) with 3 speakers, 2 Tradewinds bathroom heat lamps, and 2 mirrored medicine cabinets. I live in the Phoenix metro area.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: retro fixtures

If you decide to donate them, I suggest your local Habitat ReStore (Habitat for Humanity).

ML

o

Look at RetroRenovation. There may be some information about places that will take things like this. She does list sources, particularly new in box old stock, but there may be some info about used things.

You could also try eBay. I have sold some surprising vintage things on there.

o

I echo Habitat fur Humanitys Restore.

o

I echo Habitat fur Humanitys Restore.

o

I third, fourth? ReStore. Also check to see f you have a local sellers page on Facebook, we have one in my area and a woman wants my 70's light fixtures as she's doing a 70's theme in her home. I didn't want to discard perfectly usable light fixtures and low and behold someone wanted them!

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Home Decorating & Design Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here