Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
scpalmetto

What do you think of this lavatory faucet?

scpalmetto
9 years ago

Moen Fino Single handle. Do you think it is too kitcheny for bathroom sinks? It does appear more graceful in person than in this link, more like the other pieces in the Fino collection.

A granite designer told my husband it is easier to clean single handled fixtures; that caught his attention and then the plumbing person told him the single handle faucets do not require a valve like the two handled faucets do, saving several hundred dollars - that really caught his attention.

http://www.moen.com/fina/chrome-one-handle-high-arc-bathroom-faucet/_/R-CONSUMER%3AS41707

Comments (13)

• WalnutCreek Zone 7b/8a
    9 years ago

I think it is beautiful.

• tibbrix
    9 years ago

It's very nice, but I think the gooseneck thing might be trendy, and if it's not something you'll want to switch out in 5 -10 years, I would go for something more conservative and traditional.

• Olychick
    9 years ago

I have the Fina wall mount in my master bath and really like it. I'm so glad you posted this, as I'm going to be redoing my other bath and have always thought I'd use the same wall mount, but I have a 4 year old grandson and am thinking perhaps a single handle would be easier for him. I've already purchased my vessel sink, so will have to figure out if this would work with it. Not too kitcheny at all.

This post was edited by olychick on Sun, Oct 26, 14 at 17:44

• Babka NorCal 9b
    9 years ago

I think it is sleek and beautiful! BUT, be sure to make a cardboard mock-up to see if, at that height, you will bump your head on it when you bend forward to rinse your face.

-Babka

• salonv
    9 years ago

that is lovely and no I don't think it's too kitchen-y. very graceful

This post was edited by salonv on Sun, Oct 26, 14 at 18:29

• scpalmetto
    Original Author
    9 years ago

Thank you all and olychick, that sink is lovely. I think I have just saved us $500 for those valves.

• Olychick
    9 years ago

Just to clarify, that's a pic from Moen website of the faucet on a vessel sink, not mine, nor the one I've chosen. I just thought it would be easier for folks to see the faucet without having to go to a link.

Great tip about being able to get your face in the sink Babka. I wouldn't have thought to check that.

• PRO
    BeverlyFLADeziner
    9 years ago

Not knowing the style, design or other elements of your room, it's hard to say if this Moen is the right faucet for you. It's nice, but there are lots of other single lever faucets equally attractive.

Here are some examples from just one company.

• tibbrix
    9 years ago

I like the second one, from the top, left row, of Beverly's.

I also like the handle being on top of the faucet. The side single-handle faucets are a pain because you can only use it comfortably with one hand. If that hand is holding something, you have to reach over the faucet with the other hand to manipulate the handle. Not good design, IMO.

• monicakm_gw
    9 years ago

What we just put in DH's bathroom is like the 2nd row, left faucet but from Delta. It's called Addison (single hole and no escutcheon) and it has plenty of room for hands, arms, elbows, face. DH could probably wash his hair. We mounted it at a 2 o'clock position. To be honest, it was a shock at first but it's been six days now and we're both happy with our choice.

• amykath
    9 years ago

2nd row from top on left.

• scpalmetto
    Original Author
    9 years ago

I like the idea of offsetting the placement; our sinks will be rectangular, we'll have to experiment with that and see what appeals to us. We had looked at a number of the single handles and I did not like them in person, they seemed a bit squatty looking to me with the exception of the sleek, super modern ones. Our bathroom is not so contemporary so I had dismissed those. The spouse and I both gravitated to the Fino and that always makes things easier. I mentioned the head banging possibility and he good naturedly checked to see how far he leans over when brushing. LOL I can see what people mean with the right side handle but we are both used to that with our kitchen faucet and that seems to be fine.

• DLM2000-GW
    9 years ago

The BIG advantage with Moen is they are guaranteed for life and will replace worn parts at no charge. It's not just blowing smoke, they actually do it. Their customer service is excellent - do a search on the Building a Home forum and you can read about horror stories with other manufacturers and satisfaction with Moen. We've replaced cartridges over the years with no issue. Try that with some of the big designer players - IF parts are even available, you'll pay and often you can't replace a single part but need to replace a much larger portion of the unit at a significant cost. Of course, you have to find something you like, but it seems you have that one handled. We have a somewhat modified gooseneck in one bathroom and have no problems with face washing. I actually find it easier and neater because my face gets closer to the water stream and there's far less splash mess.