Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
typeprof

have you seen a knock off of this chandelier

typeprof
13 years ago

I have had my eye on this chandelier and I'm wondering if anyone has seen something similar - hopefully a more affordable version? I just finished a kitchen/dining room reno and my budget it about shot...but oh how I love this!

Thanks for your help!

Here is a link that might be useful: chandelier

Comments (22)

• beekeeperswife
    13 years ago

very nice chandy. I have been looking for my "IT" chandy for awhile so I've been all over the web. It seems to me I have seen something similar. Can't remember where.

Here are my latest haunts:
    Macys.com--seriously--I found some good stuff, but their sales swing like crazy, one chandy I found was $349 on sale, next day it went up, now it's at $479; others were cut in half over night. so check there

overstock.com

horchow (might be $$$$)

lightinguniverse

also, wegotlites.com--I bought some stuff from them, and I find that using the web to find a product can be difficult sometimes, so I got on the chat page with the gal, copied & pasted what I was looking for and she was able to help me, with only a photo and no other information.

pottery barn

restoration hardware

which leads me to, those places are pricey, but look on eBay. I found RH chandy in new condition $1300 on their website, it sold for $300.

I'm in a rush now, so I can't look, but I just thought I'd throw those out there for you.

Good Luck!

• always1stepbehind
    13 years ago

Overstock actually has pretty good prices on some of their lighting.

http://www.overstock.com/Home-Garden/Chandeliers-Pendants/34/subcat.html

• always1stepbehind
    13 years ago

Here is one from Overstock with a similar shape but more bling:

http://www.overstock.com/Home-Garden/Chrome-5-light-Crystal-Chandelier/3827512/product.html

• always1stepbehind
    13 years ago

This one caught my eye because of the shape, but it's totally blingless!!

http://www.overstock.com/Home-Garden/Savoy-House-Polar-9-light-Chandelier/5173661/product.html

• Oakley
    13 years ago

Lamps Plus always has a huge inventory of chandys, with good prices too.

Here is a link that might be useful: Chandy's

• azwildcats70
    13 years ago

Could you do something like this (see link), paint it white and add your own glass beads?

Here is a link that might be useful: Chandelier

• caminnc
    13 years ago

Don't mean to be a smart a$$ here but the Ethan Allen chandy is probably the knock off. If you live in an area with some nice antique shops I would check around. Of course you might end up paying more so maybe the EA chandy wouldn't be so bad after all. Good luck on the hunt.

• susanka
    13 years ago

I haven't seen one like you show, but wanted to tell you that we went to an upscale lighting shop and asked to see any discontinued or only-one-left chandeliers they had, and got one with a $1000 price tag on it for $350, they only had the one and really had no room for it. Of course, it was probably overpriced in the first place, but it has gorgeous crystals and even a "pedigree". Good luck in your search!

• pps7
    13 years ago

Good luck with your search. If after all the searching, your heart is still set on the EA one try calling your local store. I bought the floor model and they gave me 25% off.

• doonie
    13 years ago

The Ethan Allen probably is a knock off of the Neirmann Weeks Italian Chandelier. I had to have it in my kitchen and with the change in finish, it ended up costing 5 times as much as the Ethan Allen. I think the chandelier you found is very attractive. The overstock ideas are good too.

{{!gwi}}

• always1stepbehind
    13 years ago

Doonie-gorgeous chandy!!

I don't know how to post so the actual picture shows up on my reply. It took me a while to figure out you have to copy and past to view links. I kept clicking on links on other peoples posts/replies and couldn't figure out why the link wouldn't open.

But it's so much more convenient when you can actually see the picture posted right in the reply.

• Olychick
    13 years ago

Always1sb, you save a copy of your picture to Photobucket or some other free picture sharing site. Some retailers prevent you from copying/saving their photos, though.

When it is in your album at photobucket, click on the photo. You will see a bunch of options for copying/posting the photo. Click on the HTML line to copy and then paste it in the body of your post (not in the Optional Link URL line). it will show up as just a bunch of text, but when you click on the preview button, you will see the picture in your post.

• doonie
    13 years ago

Always1sb, Thanks!

Picasa is another free service for photo storage. I also use http://tinypic.com/ You don't have to join and it's easy to use. Once you've chosen your photo to upload, it gives you several choices of code on the left of the photo. For a site like this you can copy and paste the one that reads "HTML for Websites" (It's the first choice on tiny pic.)

Hope this helps.

• irishcreamgirl
    13 years ago

Doonie,

As soon as I saw the photo I thought of your chandelier!!

I had just viewed your beautiful kitchen this morning and love the photo looking up through the chandelier at the ceiling!!

• willowdecor
    13 years ago

The Chandelier you like is a copy of the Niermann Weeks Italian Chandeleir. I did an overview of it and showed it in several rooms including my own Breakfast Room. Another compnay which makes a beautiful copy of it is Currey and Company. They will do custom finishes, you just need to contact them directly. Let us know how you make out!

Here is a link that might be useful: NW Chandelier Room Photos

• doonie
    13 years ago

Thanks Irishcreamgirl! It's a very pretty light and I ended up having to have it.

Willowdecor, the chandy looks perfect in your setting and was one of my inspirations! Thanks for your lovely blog!

• typeprof
    Original Author
    13 years ago

Thanks so much for all of your helpful feedback! Caminnc, I laughed out loud when I read your post because I knew that you were absolutely right. I know that the Ethan Allen one is not expensive for a chandelier, but I sooooo overlooked adding lighting to my kitchen reno budget. Thanks to Dooney and Willowdecor, I am now wishing I had the Niermann Weeks version ;-) I did see the Curry & Co version as I was searching and it is lovely too. Thanks again and I will try to post my final decision.

• typeprof
    Original Author
    13 years ago

Oh my, I have found a very close knock off....

Here is a link that might be useful: {{!gwi}}

• kateskouros
    11 years ago

i think your ethan allen IS the knockoff! the link posted by typeprof is the niermann weeks chandy, approximate cost is over $5K.

how much is the ethan allen?

• lascatx
    11 years ago

That was two and a half years ago.

• kateskouros
    11 years ago

didn't notice! strange, it was all the way at the top of the feed...

• Olychick
    11 years ago

someone probably spammed this and they removed the spam, leaving it high in the current list, without any new posts - except ours.

Sponsored
RTS Home Solutions
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars3 Reviews
BIA of Central Ohio Award Winning Contractor