Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
lynndale

prepping for sale

lynndale
9 years ago

We are going to list our house this spring and little needs to be done, except...the carpet that was in a teenagers room. It is beyond cleaning and must be replaced. Here is my quandary. All the carpet in this house is a light beige, almost an off white. When you enter our home, there is a foyer with the living room on the right,dining on the left. Those rooms are carpeted. The foyer and the edge of the dining room that leads to a hallway is medium brown parquet wood. Off the hall, there are 3 bedrooms, a laundry room and bathroom. None of these rooms are visible from other parts of the house. Two of the bedrooms are carpeted, the bathroom and laundry are tiled in a color very close to the carpet color, and one bedroom that was converted to an office, has medium toned laminate flooring. Should I replace the teens room with carpet as close to the color in the hall as possible (it would be carpet touching carpet), laminate that matches the office room (which is not visible from the teen room), or wood the color of the parquet? I want to keep the cohesive flow going. Any advice would be appreciated as something has to be done. Thanks!

Comments (3)