Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
sbm321

Sneak peek of new dining/library paint

Sueb20
9 years ago

Just one coat, but I'm so happy with this color! BM Stonybrook.

Comments (44)

• Sueb20
    Original Author
    9 years ago

Another angle.

• jjam
    9 years ago

Wow! I love it. Perfect for a cozy space.

• Sueb20
    Original Author
    9 years ago

Another angle.

{{!gwi}}

• tibbrix
    9 years ago

Gorgeous! Oh, I do love those bolder colors! And your windows are beautiful.

• outsideplaying_gw
    9 years ago

Love that color, Sueb!

• kswl2
    9 years ago

Like!

• Sueb20
    Original Author
    9 years ago

Thanks! I do think the windows look so much better with those interior blinds taken out. Can't wait to put the room back together this weekend. Actually, who am I kidding, they'll be done tomorrow so I'll be forcing DH to move the furniture back in tomorrow night!

• bonnieann925
    9 years ago

Great choice! I really like the entire wall painted in that color vs. painting the wall moulding a different color. What a difference taken out the interior blinds in the windows make. The devil is in the details! Can't wait to see it when you are finished and have your furniture back in place.

• tannatonk23_fl_z9a
    9 years ago

Great room and love the color! So cozy. I recently painted a guest room a deep dark blue and it feels so good in that room! Your windows are beautiful too. Very nice.

• Boopadaboo
    9 years ago

Love it. perfect choice. :)

• hoovb zone 9 sunset 23
    9 years ago

Beautiful! You chose well.

• Bethpen
    9 years ago

Oooooh, that is lovely! It is going to look great with your furniture.

• oldbat2be
    9 years ago

Wonderful, love the contrast!!

• cat_mom
    9 years ago

Another like!

• amykath
    9 years ago

wow!!!! It couldn't be a nicer color if you tried. It is sumptuous, cozy and elegant. What a fabulous choice!

• funkyart
    9 years ago

Love it! Perfect choice for your room!

• Sueb20
    Original Author
    9 years ago

Thank you, thank you! I am generally NOT a "blue person" but I have gone to the Other Side. DS' room is being painted also, in Gray WIsp.

This morning is dark and rainy and DD looked at the room and said "iww, you painted it gray?" (She's 13.) I said, no, it's blue. She said, Looks gray. And that is the beauty of a color like this IMO. Sometimes it's gray, sometimes it's blue, and occasionally, you can see that there's a bit of green in there, too.

• funkyart
    9 years ago

Count me in as another NO BLUE person who has inched over to the Other Side. I am preparing to repaint my house in a gray-blue-green morpher too. I WISH i could go as dark as your library but I think something in that range will pop up in an accent wall or bathroom. LOVE these chameleon colors. They have such depth and personality.

• busybee3
    9 years ago

looks great!! I've always loved deeper colors- add so much 'warmth' to a room! I recently painted our office/library SW rainstorm and love it!

• tibbrix
    9 years ago

High-fives busybee3, re: deeper colors. I think we're going to start a trend, you, Sueb and me! Lol.

Re: blueâ¦I like more natural, neutral, earthy colors for gathering rooms - living rooms, for example, but I LOVE blue bedrooms for some reason.

• Sueb20
    Original Author
    9 years ago

This is what I pulled out of the wrapper as soon as the painters left!

• tibbrix
    9 years ago

Oh, brother, absolutely perfect and gorgeous, sue!

• trailrunner
    9 years ago

Really beautiful ! I had all my rooms painted rich dark colors 12 yrs ago and 8 yrs ago when we completed the downstairs . Have never re-painted and never tire of the colors. All of my Orientals and my Native American prints go so well.

Your room color and that rug are just perfect. I love those windows now. Great choices. c

• tibbrix
    9 years ago

High-fives Trailrunner too! :-)

• mdrive
    9 years ago

love love love!!!!

sue where did you find that glorious rug!

i'm still totally amazed at the beautiful wall color...

• Sueb20
    Original Author
    9 years ago

desert, thank you. It's a Nourison Nourmak rug. We have two others (same brand and weave but different colors/patterns) in other rooms. They're pretty sturdy -- we have 3 dogs and 3 kids so we give them a beating.

• TheRedHouse
    9 years ago

Great wall color, lovely rug, beautiful together!

• Bethpen
    9 years ago

LOVE the rug!

• sis2two
    9 years ago

Oh I love that color and the rug too! Just beautiful!

• juddgirl2
    9 years ago

Very nice! I thought it was gray until I saw the last picture, which really shows the blue on my monitor.

• mitchdesj
    9 years ago

It's just lovely !

• Sueb20
    Original Author
    9 years ago

Thanks, everyone. It's pretty much all back together now, except for a bit of tweaking to come and the roman shades, which she's starting next week. Some pictures.

• Sueb20
    Original Author
    9 years ago

From foyer.

• Sueb20
    Original Author
    9 years ago

Bar cabinet. A lamp is going here and the painting will go elsewhere.

• Sueb20
    Original Author
    9 years ago

Bookcases.

• Boopadaboo
    9 years ago

Fabulous. I think I would never leave the room :)

• PRO
    BeverlyFLADeziner
    9 years ago

Are the walls really this blue?

Lots of stuff going on in this room, but the rug appears a bit too long for the size of the room IMO

• tibbrix
    9 years ago

Absolutely fabulous! I don't think the rug is too long at all, but I think you should try pulling it out from the sofa just a few inches, so the front legs of the sofa are on the line just as the rug is going into the red border.

• Sueb20
    Original Author
    9 years ago

Today is a dark day but the walls are deeper than they look in your pics, Beverly. The rug is there to stay, but thanks for the feedback. It's 8x10. Once upon a time when this was a traditional dining room, I had a 6x9 briefly and it was too small.

• tibbrix
    9 years ago

Althoughâ¦I can see why you have the rug placed where you do, for centering purposes. Must just be the pic.

• oldbat2be
    9 years ago

Love the bar cabinet picture! (The others are too dark to appreciate)

• jjam
    9 years ago

Sorry, but I just may have to move in with you, sueb. I hope that won't be a problem.....

The color, the rug, the concept, it's all just right. Well done, and keep showing pics to inspire all of us :)

• Sueb20
    Original Author
    9 years ago

jjam, come on over. We'll order in Chinese. (That's a joke because the only time we have eaten a meal in that room in years is when we've had friends over and ordered Chinese takeout.)

It is a very quirky and personal room so I am sure not to everyone's taste (but what rooms are?). The room is full of travel souvenirs and my kids' lovely ceramic crafts, it's kind of cramped, but it works for us. And just in time -- because with the weather, I've had to relocate my morning coffee from the screen porch back to my "winter porch" aka dining room!

• graywings123
    9 years ago

Love that color - it looks gray in the first photo and blue-gray in the one with the rug.