|I have finally bitten the bullet and painted the wood dresser in my daughter's room (it was a beautiful dark brown wood that seemed perfect for a guest room, not a pre-schooler.) I had planned on white but I'm beginning to wonder if I should go even further and do something fun on the front - a monogram, strips, flowers. I don't know. Does anyone have any thoughts or, better yet, inspiration pictures?
|Hi Tara, I was on the Rate My Space site the other day and they had pictures of some really cute girlie girl rooms you can use for inspiration including painted furniture. Just in case you don't already know..it's www.hgtv.com, go to decorating, then rate my space. Once in rate my space, look in the "Best Rated" tab. HTH!|
|My daughter's dresser has pink and cream flowers painted on the drawer fronts. I purchased the set (it has a matching bench/chest) at an antique store. |
I'd actually like to change the color of the floral to include more reds to better match her room, but I'm afraid that I'll do more harm than good if I attempt this!
|Prime it white first to make any color be true. Take another look at it once primed and you might like it white or you'll have a better idea where you want to go with it. I had a dark wood chest that I planned on painting a distressed white . Once I primed it there was no detail on it at all so I kept going and it ended up being a pastel plaid. My cousin has the chest now so I can't snap a pic. Check out the decorative painting forum and your local craft store has booklets of painted furniture ideas. |
Good Luck with it.
Return to the Home Decorating Forum
Information about Posting
- You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
- Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
- After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
- Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
- We have a strict no-advertising policy!
- If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
- If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.
Learn more about in-text links on this page here