Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
sis2two

Tibbrix- Will u post pictures of your room with the Lennox tan?

sis2two
9 years ago

Hi Tibbrix- wasn't sure if you were going to check back with my color post so decided to post a new one. I'd love to see your room that you were telling me about with the Lennox Tan walls. Thanks!

Comments (9)

• cyn427 (z. 7, N. VA)
    9 years ago

Here is the link to her pics.

Here is a link that might be useful: Tibbrix Lenox tan

• tibbrix
    9 years ago

Thanks Cyn. I'm going to post the Web inspiration pic as well (although it's also on the other thread, Sis, because I think it better represents the Lenox Tan (and it's Ben Moore Lenox Tan, not Annie Lennox Tan! Lol).

I've just now finished stripping my fireplace down to its original wood, have the wood conditioner on it, and am about to stain it and seal it with Tung oil. Oh boy. The Lenox Tan has such a wonderful rustic feel to it (at least in my LR), so I decided to add to that by stripping the FP.

Web inspiration pic of Lenox Tan

• cyn427 (z. 7, N. VA)
    9 years ago

Tib, can't wait to see the fireplace! Bet it looks wonderful. I can just picture that room dressed for the winter holidays! Sigh. Lovely.

• Annie Deighnaugh
    9 years ago

sis2two, I know you didn't ask me, but I have a room in the NW corner of the house painted with lenox tan walls, and I find the room to be very dark...it absorbs every ounce of light we try to put into the room. I didn't know about LRV back when I selected the color. Had I known, I would've picked a different color.

This is with the bright white of the flash.

This is without flash.

• chispa
    9 years ago

Lenox Tan has always turned dark and muddy when I have tested it.

• nhbaskets
    9 years ago

This is the living room in our former house as shown in the realtor's pictures. I hate how they stretch things out! Anyway, we had Lenox Tan in this room, the front hall, going up the stairs, and in the upstairs hall. The adjoining rooms were BM Powell Buff and I liked the subtle difference in the two. I would definitely consider using LT again.

• sis2two
    Original Author
    9 years ago

Tibbrix-I remember that room! And it looks beautiful with that color! I know that it's too dark for my foyer but I am considering it for my dining room. Thanks so much for the post.

• tibbrix
    9 years ago

Thank you, Sis. I absolutely love it. In fact, feel I found THE color meant for that room. Do keep in mind, though, that I've got the low pine ceiling and that my LR gets little natural light and no direct sunlight, all of which affect the color. One thing I've learned about paint color: you never, ever know how it looks until it is up on the wall you want to paint. Too many factors affecting the color. If it works, though, it's a great color for a dining room, IMO. Elegant, warm, inviting, great in low light...