Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
nafnaf12

Tabletop question.

Naf_Naf
9 years ago

Hi,
I hope you can help me selecting my new "fine china", I would like to hear any comment you might have.
I have had a Crate & Barrel Stacatto dinnerware for 12 years, that I use for special occasions. It is porcelain and I have ALL the pieces. The set is for 10 persons. I think I made a huge mistake not selecting the C&B Pearl bone china.

I decided that it is time to get a new special ocassion dinnerware and I am debating between Jasper Conran white and Jasper Conran Platinum - they both are Wedgwood bone china.

-Will it be ok to buy the dinner plate, soup/pasta bowl and cup+saucer? instead buying a 5 piece place setting + soup bowl.

I like sleek design with a timeless feel and I think Casper design meets this. I love the platinum rim but would I do better with the all white one as it is both microwaveable and dishwasher safe? The one I have now, we wash it by hand anyway. I also love the Wedgwood Ashlar white none china. I will also get the teapot and creamer and I hold an afternoon tea get together a couple of times a year.

What are your thought on this, do you have a suggestion? I am having a hard time deciding.

My everyday Yellow Hamptons Crate and Barrel got incomplete after a few years using it so I just bought Jars Tourron - Orange, for everyday use.

Here is a Pinterest board I created so you can see the dinnerware.

Thank you

Here is a link that might be useful: Dinnerware.

This post was edited by naf_naf on Fri, Oct 31, 14 at 14:48

Comments (3)

• kitchendetective
    9 years ago

Have you held the Jasper cups in your hand to see how the handles feel?

• Naf_Naf
    Original Author
    9 years ago

Yes, I love those cups. They have 2 or 3 cups to chose from and a mug.

• kitchendetective
    9 years ago

-Will it be ok to buy the dinner plate, soup/pasta bowl and cup+saucer? instead buying a 5 piece place setting + soup bowl.

If those pieces are the ones that will be most useful for the way you entertain, certainly. You can even bring in a coordinating or contrasting butter plate later. (I have butter plates with a number of sets and have used them maybe five times in 32 years. )

Sponsored
Fresh Pointe Studio
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars4 Reviews
Industry Leading Interior Designers & Decorators | Delaware County, OH