Return to the Home Decorating & Design Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
white china..

Posted by livvyandbella (My Page) on
Thu, Oct 4, 12 at 14:41

I am looking for a set of white china...not made in China!
Any suggestions?

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: white china..

Thanks for posting. When I went to look up mine to recommend, I found out it was going to be discontinued in January. I better order a couple more pieces!

That was what I liked about it - I had been using it for 4 or 5 years, adding pieces as I went. I guess not anymore.

Here is a link that might be useful: White Pearl Dinnerware

o

I have basic white plates from Crate and Barrel, as well, plain with wide rims. Made in Indonesia. I bought 10 of them about a year ago to use with patterned and colored dinnerware (I don't always like things too " matchy")

That said, I also have a set of dressier white dinnerware from Mikasa (Antique White) and have collected Christmas salad plates from that pattern, as well as mugs and salad plates in their coordinating Antique Orchard pattern.

I use the Crate and Barrel plates everyday. No utensil marks, sturdy in the dishwasher. Go with everything, nice clean lines...

seagrass

o

Legomom, glad you will be able to order few more pieces. That set is very nice. Seagrass, I will have to check out Crate and Barrel.

o

Is Buffalo China still made in NY?

o

One of my favorite patterns is Wedgwood White.

Here is a link that might be useful: Wedgwood White

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Home Decorating & Design Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here