Return to the Home Decorating & Design Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Ralph Lauren paint

Posted by taracol (My Page) on
Tue, Oct 30, 12 at 14:34

What has been your experience in painting with Ralph Lauren paint? How is the quality and coverage? Thanks!

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Ralph Lauren paint

I loved it! I only used two colors, Balmoral Red, a rusty red, and Bone Black which I used on a couple of pieces of furniture as well as interior door. The black wasn't the blackest of blacks, more of a deep charcoal black, if that makes sense.

It was thicker than other paints i've used and went on smoothly with two coats being enough. With the red, I did use a charcoal primer per recommendation.

I used to get it at Home Depot, now RL has it's own stores, but not in my area....bummer.

o

I thought you were looking to color match it ?
I guess you found it..
The only RL I've used was the suade .
I'm sure the guys back over in the Paint forum will have
experiences to share.
I do love the suade with the right type of wall...

o

I love it. Kauai Jungle is my "go to" RL color, and has been for years now. The paint goes on like a dream.

o

Yes, I was able to find a retail store in my area that sells the Ralph Lauren paint. I purchased a sample of it and painted a swatch on my wall last night. It seems a bit on the thin side to me and the color changed alot once it dried. At first, I was concerned they had changed the formula since it was so different when I painted on the 1st coat but by the time I painted a 2nd coat it looked like the color I wanted. I will probably have to use a primer 1st. Any recommendations?

o

Tara, you don't say what color you're using. When I used the RL Balmoral Red years ago, I used a charcoal gray primer. It was an inexpensive brand since it was only a primer.

You could use the charcoal for any deeper color if you're present walls are white/ivory or anything light.

o

I posted a response in the Paint forum (this thread).

(We've tinted a LOT of RL over the years....!)

PC-
I don't let anyone out the door with a color like that...UNLESS we've inquired about their knowledge/painting techniques, AND if they're aware of tinted primers!!

Unfortunately, we've had numerous price increases the last couple years....to the point that our Retails have now crept over $40/gal.

Faron

o

Oops...sorry. I decided to nix the red and go with a neutral- Sisal (like a beige). It will be painted over light greenish walls.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Home Decorating & Design Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here