Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
sdgirlygirl

Leather sofa color- - what would you pick?

SDgirlygirl
9 years ago

Hi everyone,

I'm torn (figuratively speaking, but I feel really messed up about it!) on a leather couch color. I'm looking at RH's Maxwell couch in the Brompton leather. I've down selected my options to the following: (1) Walnut (2) Espresso and (3) Pewter.

My house is all open concept so this room is sandwiched between and open to the family room, dining room and kitchen. House is all cool colors. What do you think?

Comments (26)

• SDgirlygirl
    Original Author
    9 years ago

this is espresso. the posting above is pewter. (sorry I dont know how to post more than one photo at a time)

• SDgirlygirl
    Original Author
    9 years ago

This is walnut. I also have photos of my house but I can't seem to post it :(

• SDgirlygirl
    Original Author
    9 years ago

This is in the dining room, Acacia Brown.

• tibbrix
    9 years ago

I like the walnut the best.

• User
    9 years ago

I like all of them, but I think walnut best, espresso second, and pewter third.

• SDgirlygirl
    Original Author
    9 years ago

I dont think the photos convey this but in real life the walnut has a greenish tinge to it.

• ravencajun Zone 8b TX
    9 years ago

Espresso for me I love the richness of the color and the leather. My leather furniture is a similar color and it just goes well with everything. I get compliments all the time on it.
    Love the table.

• tuesday_2008
    9 years ago

The expresso. It will look good with your cool colors and give you some flexibility should you want to go with warmer colors in the future.

• arbpdl
    9 years ago

expresso if the walnut isn't true brown, otherwise walnut would be my top choice.

• teacats
    9 years ago

A big vote for pewter leather(I love pewter and silver and gold looks amazing with it too!) -- to work well with your soft colors ....

• theclose
    9 years ago

I prefer espresso. Such a great, rich color. Second, walnut (just not sure about green tinge to it).

• tomatofreak
    9 years ago

Pewter would be my choice for you, but in my house it would be whatever matched the dogs and cats best. ;-)

• jterrilynn
    9 years ago

1st Pewter 2nd Walnut.

• nanny2a
    9 years ago

Pewter for me, too. ItâÂÂs pretty, and unexpected, so I like it for that.

• SDgirlygirl
    Original Author
    9 years ago

I'm so torn between Espresso and Pewter! I already have a lot of grey in the house as well as another grey couch in the Family Room. I'm also considered the Pewter will make the room feel cold and uninviting. :( .... with all that stacked against it in my mind, I still really really love it.

This is why I'm sick over this purchase!

• tomatofreak
    9 years ago

It's not "cold and uninviting", but if that's your perception, you'll probably see it that way. Have you thought how to warm up the room with colorful pillows, some art on the wall, a floor lamp beside the sofa (or a pretty lamp on a painted end table)? I think you could do more with a color palette with the pewter than the espresso - but I could be wrong, lol!

• Errant_gw
    9 years ago

I prefer the pewter, as well.

• malabacat_gw
    9 years ago

I vote for the pewter! The walnut is my second choice.

• akl_vdb
    9 years ago

I don't think you can ever go wrong with expresso.

• dirtyshoes
    9 years ago

I would get the espresso.....although I'm biased as that is what I purchased. I love the warmth of it and I think it's a nice contrast to your table (which is gorgeous)!

The picture isn't the greatest.

• busybee3
    9 years ago

espresso!!

• jterrilynn
    9 years ago

You really donâÂÂt seem to love any of the colors available in RH leather. For the money you are spending there should be some love there. Explore a different brand before pushing the buy key. Maybe something lighter?

• Boopadaboo
    9 years ago

I agree with jterrilynn. there are a few companies that make sofas very similar to Restoration Hardware. They come in more colors and are a bit cheaper....

Here is a link that might be useful: This is just one....

• nosoccermom
    9 years ago

Have you tried sitting on the RH Sofa? I personally donôt find them that comfortable.

• Kiwigem
    9 years ago

Quit trying to make the "right" choice, and make the happy choice. The fact that you are so agonized over it probably means they will both look good. Which one makes your blood pressure go down when you see it? I know that's silly, but seriously. The one the sight of which makes you relax (regardless of whether your head tells you it's "best" or not) is the one that belongs in your home.

• ortochini
    5 years ago
    Which one did you end up getting? And was it down or standard filled? Are you happy with your purchase?