Tue, Oct 5, 10 at 13:46
|There have been recent discussions on making seating areas more cozy. In my living room I have a sofa and loveseat facing each other and perpendicular to the fireplace wall. Because my coffee table is fairly big, about 40" square, the front edges of the sofas are about 6' apart. Is this too far apart for coziness? Would I be better either getting a smaller coffee table or arranging the sofas in an "L" pattern? Please excuse the clutter, I need to edit down some of the accessories, but the furniture placement is accurate.|
|I find your spacing works for "cozy" and you have space to easily walk in front of your sofas. Your furniture placement would work for me.|
|I agree. Now you could use a larger rug that goes under both sofas. This would give a cozier feel. The room already is cozy and inviting.|
Return to the Home Decorating Forum
Information about Posting
- You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
- Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
- Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
- After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
- Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
- We have a strict no-advertising policy!
- If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
- If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.
Learn more about in-text links on this page here