Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
amykath

Any Recommendation on a pale pink for Nursury

amykath
10 years ago

My dear friend is having a little girl and her painter is ready to paint the room.
She is looking for a soft muted pale pink.

Does anyone have suggestions or pics to share?

Thanks in advance!
Amy

Comments (32)

• Sheeisback_GW
    10 years ago

Check out BM Queen Ann Pink and BM Opal.

I'm not sure how muted she wants, but I like wall color of this nursey. I suppose it's not really a pink though. See link. The paint color is Valspar Bermuda Sand. I don't remember how I ever found that info. (don't see it listed here), but I did buy the sample.

Here is a link that might be useful: nursery

• Annie Deighnaugh
    10 years ago

A little pink goes a long way.

Try BM touch of pink which has a warmer undertone than some of the other pinks.
    Touch of Pink
    {{!gwi}}

Cooler undertone: angel pink
    {{!gwi}}

Also might want to consider ways to limit the pink in the room like a chair rail with a different color below, or pick a more neutral color for the walls and add the pink in other ways such as pillows, bedding, accessories.

But as with any bedroom, I suggest getting the bedding/WT first and matching the paint to the fabrics vs the other way around.

Pink as accent:
    {{!gwi}}

Pink as accent wall:

Pink limited by chair rail:
    {{!gwi}}

• tuesday_2008
    10 years ago

MtnRdRedux did a lot of research on soft pinks when she was decorating her "little stone cottage" and I recall she got a lot of suggestions. The best I remember, they were soft/pale. Maybe she will pop in here for you.

• 4boys2
    10 years ago

Benjamin Moore Gentle Butterfly
    is the same as mtn.

Here is a link that might be useful: The Stonehouse

• Pipdog
    10 years ago

BM Proposal. Very muted pink with soft undertones.

• Georgysmom
    10 years ago

Martin Senour Historic Williamsburg Colors...Kings-Arms Rose, W1027.

Raleigh Tavern Peach is also nice.

• dretutz
    10 years ago

Benjamin Moore Ballerina Pink is soft and muted.

• KelliC
    10 years ago

Forboystoo, is that your nursery?? That is so beautiful!
    I also suggest either making the pink an accent wall or painting neutral and using pink items for accent. If you ever want to change up the room it's much easier if you don't have all the walls pink. My mom made the mistake of painting my walls pink and putting pink carpet in my room. Of course 19 years since she made that decision and the room is STILL pink with pink carpet. I think she's regretting it now.

• amykath
    Original Author
    10 years ago

Thanks so much! I was at Home Depot today and picked up some samples and gave her the names. I love the pale warmer yellows. Mnt's room's color is fab! Forboys, that is one lush room! I love that tone of pink.

Pip, I looked up that color and it is a wonderful color!

Shee, that is a gorgeous room! I want to live in it.

Geoffrey, thanks so much for the info!

Thanks Annie for the pretty ideas!

Georgy and Drett those are lovely as well.

Will keep you all posted!

• 4boys2
    10 years ago

Here's the link where I found the nursery...........

Here is a link that might be useful: http://projectnursery.com/2012/03/design-reveal-baby-harpers-nursery/

• mtnrdredux_gw
    10 years ago

Hello, yes, we used BM Gentle Butterfly. We tried 6 or 7 pinks, and we all liked it best.

• bebetokids
    10 years ago

SW White Dogwood

• ashef
    10 years ago

I agree with Bebe -- my favorite pink by far is SW White Dogwood.

Here is a link that might be useful: Room painted SW White Dogwood

• gsciencechick
    10 years ago

I don't know if this color still exists, but Martha Stewart Ballet Slipper is a gorgeous pale pink.

• kitchendetective
    10 years ago

SW Martha Stewart Ballet Slipper can still be mixed at some Sherwin Williams stores, even though they will have no samples on display.

• juddgirl2
    10 years ago

I was planning on using SW White Dogwood for my daughter's room. It's a beautiful pink but didn't work well with the flooring and furniture in the room. We used BM Queen Anne instead and it was perfect. It's a pale, warm pink.

I don't have pictures of my daughter's room after it was painted but found these pictures below online.

SW White Dogwood

BM Queen Anne

[Eclectic Kids[(https://www.houzz.com/photos/eclectic-kids-room-ideas-phbr1-bp~t_24653~s_2104) by Silver Spring Interior Designers & Decorators Designing Solutions

This post was edited by juddgirl2 on Wed, Oct 30, 13 at 2:27

• theclose
    10 years ago

I chose BM Elephant Pink. Pinker than I initially wanted but I love it. I wanted Farrow & Ball Middleton Pink but it is so pale it hardly looks pink at all. Colorist talked me out of it. Here is a pic of my daughter's nursery. Good luck!

• oldbat2be
    10 years ago

I was all excited for you aktillery when I saw the subject :)

Have you moved into your new place yet or are you building? I still think of the condo which you sold recently and how beautifully it was decorated.

• amykath
    Original Author
    10 years ago

Thanks for all of the wonderful suggestions!

What beautiful color choices.

Mamorella, your room is beautiful! So serene.
    Thanks Judd for the pics.

Oldbat, well, it is not me who is having a baby ;) but my friend. Thanks for the compliments on the condo! We are still waiting to break ground on our new build. So much planning to do beforehand! I promise I will be posting many photos once we get going!

• beekeeperswife
    10 years ago

ak, not a pink, but a gorgeous soft color to look at is BM's Slip. Can go so many ways.

• amykath
    Original Author
    10 years ago

I wanted to post a quick update. My friend went with Gentle Butterfly. It is a lovely soft pink and I wanted to thank you all for your wonderful suggestions!

An interesting side note. She went and had many samples mixed at SW for BM paints. She then picked two colors from her wall samples and went to BM and had them mix the two paints. She said the colors were quite different from SW's match to the original BM color. She said the BM colors were several shades lighter. Luckily she preferred the lighter shades. So, I guess SW does not match BM paint exactly.

I thought that you guys might want to know her experience as I would be pretty annoyed if I went to SW and the color was different than the one I wanted that was the original BM formula.

Thanks again and I will post some pics soon! Its going to be a super cute nursery!

• amykath
    Original Author
    10 years ago

I thought I would follow up and share a photo of the pink nursery. Not the best photo and still not complete but I think the color is lovely and wanted to thank everyone for their help and suggestions!

PS She just had the baby two days ago. She is healthy and so adorable!!!

• Holly- Kay
    10 years ago

It's beautiful! I love the dresser, and what a darling crib. Thanks for posting!

• amykath
    Original Author
    10 years ago

Thanks Holy! I'll let her know you like it. It's nearly done. I will have to take more pics!!

• Jules
    10 years ago

Gorgeous. What a lucky baby! Best wishes to all.

• Annie Deighnaugh
    10 years ago

That nursery is simply precious and the shade of pink is absolutely perfect...not too pink, not too pale, just right!

• lascatx
    10 years ago

I like it too. Third thing in the last few days to make me ready for grandchildren -- who are still far away. ;) I had two boys, so I hope I get to enjoy a grandaughter.

• amykath
    Original Author
    10 years ago

Thanks Annie and juju!!

Las, I'm sure between those two boys you will get a granddaughter. ;)

• gsciencechick
    10 years ago

Beautiful!!

• loribee
    10 years ago

How pretty, congrats to your friend, Amy!

• mschevron
    10 years ago

That is really beautiful! A great place for a princess to get her beauty sleep, except she probably doesn't need any!