Return to the Home Decorating & Design Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Chip it ! to win it pop-up won't go away. You?

Posted by oakleyok (My Page) on
Sat, Oct 6, 12 at 13:14

As I'm writing this a big black pop-up saying "Chip it! to win it" is in the middle of my screen.

I've logged off, did a scan, came back and it's still here. All the other popups are being blocked.

Anyone else getting this?

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Chip it ! to win it pop-up won't go away. You?

None here. If you download Adblock plus you will get rid of it.

o

I'll do that. It doesn't show up on my iPad thank goodness.

o

Yes! GWeb is the only website I ever have this pop-pop ad problem. This one just started today.

o

When I turn off my adblock it appears..
So just to let you know up your adblock..
I still like YesScript..

o

I went to install ad block plus, and it said I needed to update Firefox, which I did, and it was already on my computer.

I use AOL as my browser. When I went back to ad block to download it, it still said I needed to update firefox, so, am I assuming correctly that I have to use firefox as my browser and not aol, in order to use adblock?

That dang popup is still there! I do think it's a GW glitch because it wasn't that long ago a lot of us were complaining about another ad that took over the whole page.

o

Getting it too, but just click somewhere on the screen (but not on the ad) and it disappears. It does come back when you go to another post. We seem to get these annoying style of pop-up every few months. If we all complain it usually get fixed/removed in a week or so.

o

I'm getting it also. And there isn't an "x" in any corner to close it. So irritating. GW knock that crap off.

o

no pop-ups, no ads.
Firefox with AdBlock Plus

o

I decided to just sign up so the add would go away and it would not let me so I went to sign up with facebook and then decided not to and when I escaped the pop-up ad went away.

o

It's back!!! Please, GWeb, stop this!

o

I use firefox with adblock plus and get NO pop-ups, same as the others have said. If it's driving you crazy, just switch.

o

Chip it...I'll not be chipping in my cash at SW paint, that's for sure. What a nuisance!

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Home Decorating & Design Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here