Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
candicenorth_gw

Bedroom - colour advice please!

candicenorth
10 years ago

Hi, looking for some advice.

I have a slightly larger than average, but not that large double bedroom, south facing, with fairly small windows. I moved in last year, and have finally got some ideas for the room. I am considering spray painting in oil rubbed bronze, light fitting, which is hard to describe :) it is currently chrome, with roughly 6 glass cubes, with lights in, sorry about the description there! Two side lamps that are currently chrome, I have sourced an old wrought iron garden gate, which I am going to strip back, then paint in the oil rubbed bronze and use as a headboard. So, next is trying to tie it all in, I am thinking craig and rose paint in damsel, this will be on the wall that the headboard is up against, then to lighten the room, as all of this will be quite dark, the craig and rose paint in Victorian cream. I am also trying to work out what colours to have the curtains and bed spread in, I am thinking of gold, to tie in the bronze, but not sure if I am then putting in too many colours! If anyone could let me know what they think, even if absolutely horrendous, would be very much appreciated. I usually have the ideas, but am unable to pull it all together, I usually miss something! Oh, and the furniture in there is all solid pine. Thanks for any tips/suggestions or just general comments ;)

Comment (1)