Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
61tinkerbell

What side is the best side to hand a towel rack or hooks?

tinker_2006
11 years ago

Trying to finish a few details... and I'm in the Master Bathroom.

I'm thinking of hanging a towel rack or possible hooks.. which side should I do it on, the side above the soap dish, or the shower side? What about pictures too - yay or nay?

From Sideboard Makeover

doorway

From Sideboard Makeover

Comments (10)

• awm03
    11 years ago

I don't have an opinion about towel rack placement. But I do want to tell you what a beautiful new bathroom you have! Very, very pretty.

• anitamo
    11 years ago

I use washcloths instead of hand towels, and just lay them on the countertop. I get them from Costco cheaply, so have dozens and dozens
    of white ones. For company you can put extras in a silver basket in the center of the counter. Love the bathroom.

• lazydaisynot
    11 years ago

I think I'd hang a couple of hooks on the shower end of the tub wall. That way you could just reach around the corner and grab a towel while exiting the shower. The other end (assuming you're referring to the soap dish by the sink) would be hard to reach since you'd have to lean over/around the vanity.

As for pictures, I love this room (ditto for all your other rooms we've seen) just as it is and would happily leave the walls bare. By the way, wishing you a speedy recovery from your up-coming surgery. Maybe you can lie back and just enjoy your beautiful home for a bit!

• ppalm
    11 years ago

Love your room! Are you asking about a hook//bar for bath towels or hand towels? I am curious about how you finished the room. If you don't mind sharing, what material did you select for your floor?

• springroz
    11 years ago

What is the marble top in the second picture that appears to be in front of the tub?

I would hang a train rack on the wall with the shower, and a hook there over the soap dish.

I love the bath!! My MB is similar colors, but I have dark cabinets. Beautiful!

Nancy

• tinker_2006
    Original Author
    11 years ago

Thank you! The floor tiles are Dal-Tiles unglazed hexagon tiles.

** PHOTOSHOPPED**** PHOTOSHOPPED**
    This is what I was thinking - but seeing it.. maybe it's too busy! my other thought was just to hang 2 hooks on the shower wall (see arrow). {{!gwi}}From 2012-10-08

Nancy, I like the idea of a train rack ( I had to google it - as I didn't know what it was!) also, that marble in front - is a knee wall.

(real - unphotoshopped! lol)

From just moving in
    From just moving in

• Annie Deighnaugh
    11 years ago

Pretty bathroom...love the wall color.

Given the length of the counter and my preference for adding softness to a hard space like a bath, I would get a counter top guest towel holder and put it in the middle so it's convenient to both sinks.

• writersblock (9b/10a)
    11 years ago

Hooks on the shower wall, but make sure they're high enough that you can lounge in the tub without towels getting in the way. You could even do the shelf on that wall, but I'd put it higher than you put it on the other wall in your photoshop.

Beautiful bathroom, Tinker.

• M Dowling
    8 years ago

Put towel rack on shower wall. That is where you would be standing up and it isn't as obvious from the entrance. You need a towel when you get out of the bath, you have the space don't clutter your counter. I also would forget to have a towel handy from the cupboard. Keep it practical, it is certainly a nice room.

• Olychick
    8 years ago

Beautiful room!! I put the large size brushed nickel (fake, they are really plastic) Command hooks on the end of the wall like the one between your shower and tub. They hang nicely and could be reached from either shower or tub. I would hesitate to do a train rack at the end of the tub where you will be standing up. Potential head banger.

The Command hooks don't leave marks on the wall, so you can try it out. I put heavy damp towels back on mine and they've never failed to hold. If you like the placement, you can get fancier ones if you want to screw them into the wall.