Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
txmarti

What chair leg pads do you use?

TxMarti
9 years ago

These are stick on pads I bought at big box, and this is what happens about a month later. I don't want to drill a hole in my chair legs. There has got to be a better option.

Comments (15)

• tibbrix
    9 years ago

Try something like these. I have similar things, but the flexible side is only about 1/4 inch high, so I glue them on to my chairs, but they peel off easily when I want to take them off. They've worked great so far. But I like these better, I think, because of the taller sleeve.

Here is a link that might be useful: Floor protectors

• TxMarti
    Original Author
    9 years ago

Looks good. Yours don't scoot off center?

• tibbrix
    9 years ago

No, they don't, but like I said, I use Gorilla glue to keep them on. Here is a pic of the ones on my chairs.

Never tried the longer-sleeved ones, though. No idea if they'd move off center and end up with the sleeve under the chair. The force of a person sitting down on a chair is pretty fierce.

• TxMarti
    Original Author
    9 years ago

I've seen those too. I think it's the grout lines that knocks mine off.

• WalnutCreek Zone 7b/8a
    9 years ago

Marti, I am so glad you asked this question.

Tibbrix, you actually put the Gorilla glue on the bottom of the chair legs?

• tibbrix
    9 years ago

walnutcreek, yes, I put some on the bottom of the chair and some inside the doohickey. They're knockoff chairs, not antiques or anything. Just a dab to keep them on.

• nancyocean
    9 years ago

I use the felt pad protectors and they were coming off until I cleaned the chair with rubbing alcohol and let that dry before I put the protector on. They wear down before they come off now and I no longer have to use the alcohol when I replace as there is no oil residue on the leg.

• musicteacher
    9 years ago

Haven't tried them yet but I saw some cool ones in Lowes yesterday that actually repell dog fur so that you don't get those fuzzy feet on your chairs. They were expensive - about $1.oo per foot, but looked like they would hold up well.

• TxMarti
    Original Author
    9 years ago

You don't know the name of them do you musicteacher? Cat hair is a problem for me in the kitchen.

• clt3
    9 years ago

I've used some like these:

Here is a link that might be useful: tap-on felt glides

• arbpdl
    9 years ago

Great post, I struggle with this too. I usually just buy what the hardware store has but in short order they are crooked and full of dog/cat hair and pretty gross.

• TxMarti
    Original Author
    9 years ago

I've seen those before clt3 but I think they would split my chair legs.

Someone sent me a link via email for magic sliders and I didn't recognize the name so didn't open it, but I looked at the picture in your email and that looks like it would work too. They look a lot like Tibbrex's picture above.

• musicteacher
    9 years ago

Here ya go Marti:

Compare

Waxman 8-Pack 1.5-in Round Felt Pad

Rating 4.17 out of 5 stars (6 Reviews)

$7.97
    Waxman 8-Pack 1.5-in Round Felt Pad
    Item #: 552045
    Model #: 4775395D
    ⢠Kleen Freak fuzz-free felt pads protect hard surface floors from scratches, dents and dings without the unsightly mess that usually accompanies felt...
    ⢠Kleen Freak fuzz-free felt pads resist dirt, dust, fuzz and pet hair build-up while still protecting your beautiful floors
    ⢠1-1/2-in felt pads can be used on all hard surfaces and multiple types of furniture

• justgotabme
    9 years ago

I use the ones clt3 uses and have had no problems in a decade.

• westsider40
    9 years ago

I got mine at ikea a couple of years ago. Sturdiest ever. Don't know if they still have them.