Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
loves2read

Possible bedding for Master in FL vacation home

loves2read
11 years ago

We have bought home in FL that is vacation home--still furnishing it

Have white bedroom set in Master -- bought from Rooms to Go--

coastal look--faux cane in section on headboard...have bedside tables and double dresser to match (my husband likes sets)...

the flooring is engineered wood with light tan/gray/brown driftwook kind of effect--

nicer look than what is in rest of the house

Wallas are painted SW Khaki with white trim

We got some window coverings at BBB when we were there --

just off white with nickel-finish rod for the patio door and sheers on tension rodsj in the two sidelight windows either side of the bed

Trying to find bedding that is not too "tropical or coastal" with things like shells and palm trees...and don't want just one color for accent...like blue and white...

My daughter says no more beige...or white...

the bathroom ensuite will be rennovated in year or so--

it is original to the 70s house and painted lighter tan/beige with maroon swirley faux marble counters and white/gray cabs...but not that visible in bedroom to make a difference...

Found this on Belk's online site--don't usually shop there--but haven't had much looking other places...

My husband said it's ok with him---

my concern is that it is too pastel, too young...

although some things I have to frame/hang as art are vintage FL map printed on handkerchief and some vintage travel ads that have the same pastel colors--they are kind of 50s vintage...

Framing them in white to match trim/furniture when I get back to FL in Thanksgiving---they aren't stock sizes...

Too young?

Here is a link that might be useful: Possible bedding

Comments (5)

• funkyart
    11 years ago

I dont think pastel is a problem given the white/tan you already have-- in fact, I think it makes a lot of sense. I do like the bedding but because it is so colorful, it does lean a little young. That's not a bad thing. It makes it very easy to mix and match other colors in your decor.. but it isnt the vibe I'd want in my master.

There are so many of those kinds of bedding sets at TJ Maxx, Marshalls and Macy's. I've picked up many over the years because they are so affordable and provide a fun update with little cost. I'd check out each of those and see if you can find something that really sparks you!

• Olychick
    11 years ago

What about using the quilt with different accents than the stripe? For me the stripe is what makes it play a little young, but that quilt with a muted solid would be beautiful. Pale aqua, maybe?

• yayagal
    11 years ago

I love the paisley coverlet but not the rest of the ensemble shown. If you choose the darkest color in the cover like the green or the dark coral a bed skirt only. Then I'd use shams the creamy color of the drapes, white pillow cases and sheets. The coverlet is gorgeous. I personally would use the green for a bed skirt and then put a few organic items around in the same tone. It would feel tropical but not "cookie cutter".

• frankginakay
    11 years ago

I am in Ft Myers, where did you buy? The snowbirds have started to head this way the past two weeks. It is so exciting when all my seasonal friends return.

• loves2read
    Original Author
    11 years ago

We bought in Nokomis just off 41==next door to our daughter
    older neighborhood--not gated...would have preferred newer home but couldn't pass up opportunity to be close to grandson...

Suggestions to use solid dust ruffle is good...also like the look of tucked quilt for the clean-lined look..I am drawn to coral...
    the one thing I saw going back over the pieces in the collection is that they don't have king size pillow shams---would have to get 3 or 4 across the headboard...vs 2 king size...I don't want to have just the quilt with the pattern...but would prefer king vs standard shams...
    but I do like the look...
    would need to get it and see colors to order the other pieces but not in rush, obviously...