|We have bought home in FL that is vacation home--still furnishing it
Have white bedroom set in Master -- bought from Rooms to Go--
We got some window coverings at BBB when we were there --
the bathroom ensuite will be rennovated in year or so--
Found this on Belk's online site--don't usually shop there--but haven't had much looking other places...
My husband said it's ok with him---
Here is a link that might be useful: Possible bedding
|I dont think pastel is a problem given the white/tan you already have-- in fact, I think it makes a lot of sense. I do like the bedding but because it is so colorful, it does lean a little young. That's not a bad thing. It makes it very easy to mix and match other colors in your decor.. but it isnt the vibe I'd want in my master. |
There are so many of those kinds of bedding sets at TJ Maxx, Marshalls and Macy's. I've picked up many over the years because they are so affordable and provide a fun update with little cost. I'd check out each of those and see if you can find something that really sparks you!
|What about using the quilt with different accents than the stripe? For me the stripe is what makes it play a little young, but that quilt with a muted solid would be beautiful. Pale aqua, maybe?|
|I love the paisley coverlet but not the rest of the ensemble shown. If you choose the darkest color in the cover like the green or the dark coral a bed skirt only. Then I'd use shams the creamy color of the drapes, white pillow cases and sheets. The coverlet is gorgeous. I personally would use the green for a bed skirt and then put a few organic items around in the same tone. It would feel tropical but not "cookie cutter".|
|I am in Ft Myers, where did you buy? The snowbirds have started to head this way the past two weeks. It is so exciting when all my seasonal friends return.|
|We bought in Nokomis just off 41==next door to our daughter |
older neighborhood--not gated...would have preferred newer home but couldn't pass up opportunity to be close to grandson...
Suggestions to use solid dust ruffle is good...also like the look of tucked quilt for the clean-lined look..I am drawn to coral...
Return to the Home Decorating & Design Forum
- You must be a registered member and logged in to post messages on our forums.
- Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review the contents and make changes.
- After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
- It is illegal to post copyrighted material without the owner's consent.
- HTML codes are allowed in the message field only.
- No advertising is allowed in any of the forums.
- If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
- If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.