Return to the Home Decorating & Design Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Droopy cafe curtain instructions

Posted by okfarmerswife (My Page) on
Sat, Oct 12, 13 at 12:02

I have tried replicating the style of cafe curtains in the photos below. I love the droopy style but can not get this look. It seems to be something more than just a straight panel sewn or clipped onto rings. Searches online for instructions or patterns is unsuccessful. Would appreciate any help if someone has experience with this. Thanks!

http://www.beyondthescreendoor.com/bsd/wp-content/gallery/cafe-sill-length-panels/multi-fabric-cafe-valance.jpg

http://www.beyondthescreendoor.com/bsd/wp-content/gallery/cafe-sill-length-panels/hankerchief-valance-cafe.jpg

http://www.beyondthescreendoor.com/bsd/wp-content/gallery/cafe-sill-length-panels-2/taras-laundry-room-cafe-curtain.jpg

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Droopy cafe curtain instructions

Tried the first link and got this msg:
Not Found
My apologies, but the page you requested could not be found. We have recently moved from Blogger to Wordpress so please visit us at Beyond the Screen Door or perhaps searching will help.

o

This is a link to the gallery of photos on the website. It won't let me link to individual photos, so maybe you can describe which cafe curtains you mean.

From your description, the top of the cafe curtains sound like some of the Pate Meadows brand of patterns for valances, which could be adapted to make cafe curtains.

Here is a link that might be useful: Beyond the Screen Door Gallery

o

Is this the idea? I know a woman in France who makes curtains for me. They are casual, but pretty. I have bought clips (also from France, don't know if they have similar here in U.S.). The clips are about half to three-fourths of an inch long. I use them on tension rods. I am linking to one possible source for the clips, just in case. :)

Here is a link that might be useful: Curtain clip

o

sorry for the hijack.....

cyn427 can you show a larger view of that window? Is there a panel of the same material behind that *valance* ? It looks as if the window is obscured by something but I can't tell what - absolutely love that treatment and the fabric is gorgeous.

o

Sure, dlm. She used antique French linens. Unfortunately, our windows here are so much wider than most in France that these are not quite as lovely, but I still like them. I will post several pics on a new thread for you.

o

Oh, also dlm, nothing behind the curtain except maybe a window in need of washing! I posted pics on a new thread for you.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Home Decorating & Design Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here