Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
valinsv

Drapery options for patio door - custom or multiple panels?

Valerie Noronha
10 years ago

I need to get some new WTs made for an 8' patio door in my master bedroom that I want to be 10' wide. Last time I had custom WTs made for my LR and DR I used Calico Corners and spent way too much money on them. As I'll need about 3 panels per side I am looking at various options of having the wider panels made or even having someone sew the panels together. I have seen some drapes which I like from JC Penny's which are also thermal/room darkening which I require, but I'd need to put them side-to-side and as I need to draw the drapes at night so in that case would need to have them sewn together. Has anyone done that and been happy with the results?

I was looking online at JC Penny's and couldn't find any info on the made-to-measure. Did they do away with this option?

I'd love to get some recommendations for other places to visit where I could get the wider panels made without spending an arm and an leg like I did at Calico Corners. Is there some equivalent to Country Curtains on the west coast?

TIA!

Comments (4)