Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
homebodymom

White Walls are Done- Now the fun begins!!

homebodymom
13 years ago

Here are the pics of the painted LR. I have not started the DR or foyer yet. I was very happy with the Moonlight White, but was seeing a funny cast at certain times of the day. Once the mouldings were repainted ( Simply White ) I couldn't be happier! What a difference the moulding color made. I have learned a lot from this change, and from everyone here who helped. I tried a few arrangment changes in the furniture(thanks Teacats!) and I am going to keep the desk a where it is in the pics. I want to keep the mirror leaning, and would love to hear feedback about where to put the couch. I love the idea of a botanical grouping, and am playing with the idea of redoing the red chair in a white linen fabric ( how hard can it be?). Sisal rug? Window panels ( but don't want to hide the mouldings). I have been shopping for lighting but haven't found anything great yet. I am pretty sure I have DH convinced to bring in the electrican so I can get a fixture to hang.

Ttodd- Where are you? I am ready for the numbers game!!!! Please EVERYONE join in too :)

Comments (33)

• Shades_of_idaho
    13 years ago
    last modified: 9 years ago

LOL Cats are a trip. I can read the thoughts from here.^&%#)%_^#_%_^&@*$%)

I really like the red chair as is. Seems to go so nicely with the couch.

Would love to see closer picture of the light chair back. Sure looks interesting in far away pictures you are showing.

I want to play=watch. Hoping to find a good idea for here too. No time to really get into it until I get past the city council meeting and all records to the auditor. THEN it will be big time play time for me.Woo Hoo.Can't wait.

What is the size of your room?

Chris

• yayagal
    13 years ago

I'd love to see the couch on the far wall and add larger pillows in different patterns. Then angle the chairs towards them with the red on on the side near the window. I love the couch and the punch of red in the side chair is nice but you can get the same effect with covering it and using a roll pillow. I'm not too fond of the desk in the corner. It's too weighty with the arrangement now and I think the mirror is too short to stay on the floor. It would look lovely on the wall opposite the window and make the room appear larger.

• ttodd
    13 years ago

I'm here!

So far I like the sofa on the long wall.

I'm not wild about the mirror leaning on the wall. I think it's too short and seems lost. It's something that I would def. hang.

Are the 2 side chairs roughly the same height? If so I'd start by hanging the mirror on the end short wall, place the chairs on eithre side of it and put a small occassional table between the two in front of the mirror.

If you use the desk I would keep it in the corner as is. Sort of like it's own little area.

• newdawn1895
    13 years ago

You did an excellent paint job, gone is the red.

I agree with yayagal I don't care for the desk/cabinet.

I just wanted to say I would get rid of the mini blinds and have some drapes made puddling on the floor. Lighting makes a major difference and changes the mood in the room. Take your time, I wouldn't just run out and buy things for the room. Scan the antique stores and craigslist and second hand shops. You will be happier if you take your time, don't design in 24 hours like they do on those horrible decorating shows. I love the idea of the botanial prints, buy old ones they're reasonable except for the ferns, I think.

• jerseygirl_1
    13 years ago

What a nice change. Your room is so much more calming.

I think ttodd is right on. My only suggestion is drapes the same color as the walls, white. This will allow all the focal point to be your furnishings.

• homebodymom
    Original Author
    13 years ago

thanks
    I really love the desk in the corner with the chair-whether I attempt to change the fabric or not. It does seem like its own little space. Teacats had a great idea of keeping it open which I like too. Can;t open it now because it is full to the rim with fabric samples from various projects!!!
    I was thinking white/off white drapes as well- maybe burlap/linen or something knubbly ( is that a word?).
    I wont be rushing...I'm not much of a rusher - you can tell by the speed on the painting.....I really like the calmness of this room, and I don't want to mess it up with too much clutter. I do have my favorite things that I would like to include. Other than holidays, I am the only one who uses it, but I do use it everyday. I would like some of my favs to be here with me! The back of the white chair is white just like the front. It was my grandmas and I love it.
    Ttodd- thanks for helping!!! Onve I can get the furniture in its place, I can start with the "stuff" which is always my favorite part! The white chair is much taller than the red. I am going to do a little furniture moving, take some pics and be back later. Promised to take my dd shopping this afternoon!

• abundantblessings
    13 years ago

Congratulations! Glad you like the change.

Ditto TT's recommendation on the mirror. Not the right one for leaning. It would look great in your DR over your buffet perhaps. Also like the suggestions for tone on tone drapes if your 4-legged kids will be good and not inclined to nest like mine.

I'll toss out a few ideas for you to consider. I'd like to see a rug under the coffee table. If you don't have a luxe neutral, try your old one at least to see if it helps ground the sofa. If you get a new rug, be sure it will work if you decide to take up DH's suggestion to get a new sofa.

I'd also suggest swapping your chairs and bringing them closer in so you have a conversational grouping. I still like the red but IMO it competes with the secretary and your blue & white display. Since you want to keep the secretary in its new location, have you ever dropped the leaf and pulled up a straight chair? Alternatively, I might try the secretary where you have the mirror in your last shot, and paintings on either side. If that appeals, then the white chair would look great next to the display blue & white.

• happyintexas
    13 years ago

I, too, am not a fan of the mirror leaning. In general, I not a mirror gal, so take that with a big grain. I do like the idea of the secretary in that spot. (I have a serious weakness for secretaries....)
    And a lovely rug to anchor it all.

Botanicals, yes. Artwork will up the cozy factor a lot.

I'm drooling over that white chair. It's not the white I love, but that nifty assymetrical back. I would love to see a closer photo of it!

• abundantblessings
    13 years ago

I should remember to open a new screen and read what was posted while I'm composing -- especially since I'm a s-l-o-w poster, even leaving, taking breaks or otherwise multi-tasking. I responded w/o the benefit of your last post so disregard my comment about repositioning the red chair/secretary. I'm a big believer that your being pleased in your home is all that matters!

• always1stepbehind
    13 years ago

Oh, I've been looking forward to your follow up...how exciting..do you feel like you have a new house?? Now the fun part..putting things back, rearranging, accessorizing.

• bronwynsmom
    13 years ago

Here's what I'd do...

Everyone is right that the mirror is too small to lean. It just looks like you haven't hung it yet.

The first decision I would make is a rug, and I would choose a large one, to expand and avoid cutting up the space. In your lovely pristine room, a pale oriental rug would be lovely...I wish I could send you mine, as I think it would be perfect for you. Here's a photo (right after we moved in...no drapery, picture on the floor...) that gives you an idea what it looks like, and what the colors are. It has some wonderful gray-blue bits, but is essentially pale camel, with rusty red and black, and is paler than it looks here. Also, I don't know why the walls look pink...they are in fact a buttery cream.

If that's not possible now, or desirable, I'd choose a good quality wool sisal, like the ones made by Karastan, which are very attractive and durable and not horrifyingly expensive, and have it cut to sit no more than a foot and a half off the walls...enough for the front legs of the sofa to sit on it, and for the desk to sit behind the edge.

I'd recover the chair, but I'd use a pale camel or taupe, or whatever pale neutral is found in the rug you choose, rather than another white.

I'd put the sofa on the wall you are looking at from the entry, and move the desk to the wall opposite the window, about a foot and a half in from the kitchen doorway. I'd add a table to the other side of the sofa and put table lamps on both tables. I'd put a swing-arm lamp on the wall between the kitchen door and the chest to light that section of the room and to provide task light for the desk...something like this, with some verticality, so it doesn't look abandoned on the wall...

I'd put the newly covered camel chair to the right as you face the sofa, and the white one on the left, back to the window. I would hang the mirror vertically between the desk and the camel chair. I'd move the basket out to the side of the camel chair (under the mirror).

I would find a large pair of botanicals or birds or shells, or whatever suits you, with a lot of white space and wide white mats, and hang them over the sofa.

Then I'd take down the blinds, hang bamboo shades from the top of the wall to cover the windows (they'd be pulled up most of the time), and hang pale cream or gray raw silk curtain panels, from ceiling to floor on a slender black rod, out to the sides of the window, just covering the frame.

If the bamboo shades don't appeal, I'd hang simple white sheers with 10" hems to hang across the windows and end under the panels on the sides to disrupt the view into the room.

In the corner where the chair and chest are now, I'd put a round table covered to the floor with a deeper cream fabric with some texture, a glass top, and a table lamp.

The intended upshot...a welcoming, uncluttered arrangement, a lovely view to the sofa, a beefed up but soft window, a sense of entry from the kitchen provided by the desk, balanced useful light, soft fabric and carpet in pale, almost white neutral tones, and some interest on the floor, whether it's pattern or texture.

• dirtymartini
    13 years ago

I just wanted to come by and say hello. You room looks lovely so far...can't wait to hear all the suggestions!

• homebodymom
    Original Author
    13 years ago

Ttodd- I tried the chairs together on the back wall and took these pics. I think you were right about it not working if the red chair was much smaller than the white. Wish I had 2 white ones. I am sure with their funky shape, there was a pair of them at one time, but grandma only had the 1-

I dont mind it like this, and keeping the red chair by the desk

But for some reason I prefer the couch on the wall by the window.

It may sound weird, but I feel more connected to the rest of the house, and whoever is in the kitchen and or dining room when the couch faces the foyer... Also, (and as a mom I know you will understand this) the corner of the couch by the window is where I sit to watch my kids get on and off the bus! Is that a reason to keep it there, or have I lost my marbles? Do you dislike the couch on that wall? Any thoughts about sisal rugs?

Abundant and Happy in Texas-

Thanks! There seems to be an agreement about the mirror. I was just thinking outside the box ( like painting the room white) and attempting to get a new look. It will end up back on the wall ( my dh will be so happy since we had to repatch the walls from the wall anchors..). Hopefully which wall will be decided soon ! I am looking at lots of vinatge botanicals. Just have to make a decision about the furniture first. Here is a closer pick of the chair

the desk was originally on the wall you have suggested. I just may end up with the furniture back in the same places!

Always- it does feel like an entirely new room!

Bronwynsmom-
    Your rug, and your room is BEAUTIFUL. How I wish I could do something like that....However the room is 12x13 and it just is not in the budget. I need a 8x10 at the least and it just cant happen. I am looking at sisal and think the texture will be nice. Here is a pic I took using the rug that is from the dining room. It will be going back there, I just wanted to see about the colors, and the size- 5x8 and not big enough...

I love the idea of hanging the mirror vertically ( just to get a new look at it!) but I dont think I can because of the chair rail.....Maybe that is why I like how it looks leaning. It just gives it a new look. Maybe a table I can stand it on and keep it vertical that way? Grasping at straws...... I will play around with the desk closer to the kitchen entrance. The bamboo shades sound wonderful too. Since I can't replace much of what I have, I am trying to think outside the box and use things in new ways to give them a new look. Lamps,rug,curtains and the botanicals will eat the budget. Everything else will be recycled things I already have:0) Please keep the great ideas coming as you see them. They are ALL appreciated.

Anyone have a sisal rug they love? Are they all scratchy?

• Shades_of_idaho
    13 years ago

OH Loving the back on Grandmothers white chair. The arms are neat too. What a treasure.

Really like your room done in the white. To see it together with how it was in the red makes such a difference. Even putting the room back the same way will still make it a new room.

• loribee
    13 years ago

LOVE the room--- yes to a sisal and to linen drapes.
    I get my sisals & seagrass rugs online at http://www.naturalarearugs.com. They have good sales quite often, too. Keep us posted~

Here is a link that might be useful: sisal rugs

• homebodymom
    Original Author
    13 years ago

thanks Shades- I am going to keep playing around with the furniture while I rug shop!

Loribee- A huge thanks for the link. It was just what I was looking for. There seems to be a huge difference in price between the sial and the seagrass but I like the look of them equally. If you have both types in your home, can you let me know any difference you have found? Thanks again. The pics on the site look great and it has made up my mind that is what I want for the room!

• bronwynsmom
    13 years ago

You're probably right about the vertical hanging of the mirror, if you hang it above the rail...but you can still do it. It sounds like a peculiar idea, but it looks from your photos as if your chair rail and wainscot is not very deep.

If that's the case, and if the mirror has a strong, long enough picture wire, you can use a pair of Floreat 75 lb hangers placed at least 18 inches apart, and attach a spacer of some kind to the top of the frame to allow it to sit away from the wall enough to match the clearance over the chair rail.

It might be worth having somebody hold it up there to see if it seems possible. If you arranged things in my scheme, the fact that it's sitting a bit away from the wall would be of less consequence, since there is no sight line to the side from where anyone is sitting or standing. The big question is shadow, which can make it look odd if it's more than a little bit away from the wall, but with a lamp in the corner, it might be fine.

Floreat hangers are the only kind I use, and I recommend them to everyone. The 75 lb ones look like this:

The great thing about these hangers is that every size uses the same pins, which make a tiny hole in the wall, and they are very easy to remove, and strong as mules in drywall. You only have to tap the pins in...no heaby whanging with the big hammer!

I buy them from Ziabicki on line...(no connection to me), as they offer good service and the best price by a long shot. Here's a link, which shows you all the sizes. The 8.50 price for the 75-lb ones is for a package of 10. Blick artist supply sells them for 2.27 each, if you buy fewer than six.

But if that won't work or feels too peculiar to you, you can hang it vertically over the sofa with its bottom edge just barely above the chair rail. With window treatments that go all the way to the ceiling, those two things will make your ceiling seem higher, and open up that wall as though it were a high window or doorway.

On to the rug...see if you can get a sample of the rug material from the source. Some natural fiber rugs are hard on bare feet, which is an issue for me, and some of them stain easily, so a test of both those factors might be useful. I like wool sisal for that reason, but it is more costly. In any case, a really good pad is essential, both for comfort and a luxurious look and feel, but also because your rug will wear far better with a good pad under it.

Here is a link that might be useful: Floreat hangers

• dianalo
    13 years ago

My one suggestion is if you redo the red chair, that you go with a white & black or ivory and black fabric. I tried to mock it up, but think I did not go light enough for the field. I'd shudder to think of a white chair in a house with young kids and think the contrast would be more interesting as well.
    {{gwi:1834853}}

• ttodd
    13 years ago

Lost my post.

At work, no break, must make quick.

Last pic looks great!

PP noted, drop leaf, scoot chair in. Raise leaf, turn chair around when needed for convo.

PP noted bamboo shades. Agree - matchstick blinds at all my windows layered under curtains. Brings great texture!

Elegant casual I'd do following: layer under velvet or raw silk like curtains in brown, taupe or cream from IKEA.

More casual: layer w/ IKEA natural looking tab top panels in natural or cream. Turn tab down, use clip rings on rod.

Sorry - I buy cheap - no other recs for curtains.

Rug:

Elegant casual: keep one you have or other pile/ wool/ whatever rug.

Cas Casual: Natural grass type rug. IKEA.

Sofa and botanicals:

If not slipcovering in white, cream or tan then use botanicals w/ red and green in them.

if slipcovering in any afore mentioned colors use botanicals w/ green and brown in them.

You can easily get botanical themed calendar, tea or coffee stain pics and frame. Ebay has too.

Why are fern ones more expensive? Must find mine.

I don not think that you will achieve look you showed us unless you slipcover sofa in white or cream.
    and tone down red chair.

Throw white sheet on sofa, tuck and take pic for us please.

Hang mirror horizontal over sofa.

Go slow. Don't buy willy nilly.

• katrina_ellen
    13 years ago

I buy those type hangers bmom was talking about at Home Depot - called "Oops", or even Kmart. Thats all I use, I have a heavy antique mirror I used two of the 75 lb hangers with.

• teacats
    13 years ago

The living room looks amazing!!! :) Soooo fresh and cool!All wonderful suggestions above!!

And yes! the sofa does look very nice on the original wall too! :) And feeling connected to the rest of the home is an excellent reason to have it placed on that wall! :)

BUT -- I do still vote for the mirror hung vertically in the dining room -- on the end wall!

And a vote for grid of botanicals (tropical leaves? ferns? shells? eggs?) over the sofa ....

And another vote for a larger sisal rug -- and don't forget to check around stores for leftover outdoor rugs -- maybe on sale too!

Great idea to simply try tucking a sheet around the sofa -- just to get a visual look at a possible future buy .... AND another visual -- try basic white pillowcases around a cushion (or two) to see if a white cushion would work on the present sofa ....

Always good to give things a "test run"! LOL! :)

Can't WAIT to see the same kind of change in the dining room! :)

Jan at Rosemary Cottage

• homebodymom
    Original Author
    13 years ago

bad afternoon- dropped laptop and cracked screen.........

Using my daughters to follow up with everyone!

Thanks Bronwynsmom- great info about the hangers and also great to hear they can be purchased locally (thanks Katrina ellen). I am going to measure the mirror and the space above the chair rail to see if it would fit, or how much hangover there would be. Sorry if I am being slow, but is this type of hanger something that will allow for the chair rail keeping the mirror from hanging flat on the wall? Hope I can get it vertical! Also, I will call the company and see if they can send a sample of the rugs. I am unfamiliar with sisal/seagrass and am a little concerned about the texture. I do LOVE how they look and it will work for my budget.

Dianalo-Great photoshopping! I have to learn how to do that. Thanks- I never thought about doing another pattern on the chair. It does look pretty cool against the white walls!

ttodd- you are a doll to squeak in the time for this from work- plz dont get into any hot water! After the laptop fiasco yesterday I didn't get to anyones replies till now. Great idea with the sheet to get an idea for the sofa. Will take some pics and post when I get home tonight. I will probably be using the sofa as is ( with the existing fabric ) since I will now be getting a new lap top for the holiday instead of a new sofa......
    IKEA- will remember when the time comes for curtains. I looked at their website for the sisal rug but they didn't have an 8x10. Will look again. Glad to hear you have been happy with their curtains.

I am trying my best to control the urge to get the room "done"! Thank goodness I have been so busy the past 2 weeks. It has allowed me to really see the room. I did see lamps though yesterday while rug shopping :o) . I didn;t buy them, but might have to go back and get them! I really loved them. Took pics on my phone and looked again from home and think they would be perfect.

Teacats- Sooo glad you like how the room looks so far! Your room was one of my inspirations. Which wall in the dining room do you see the mirror on? Outdoor rug- Great idea- will head to Lowes/HD and check it out. I love the idea of the botanicals and ttodd's suggestion of tea staining calendar prints. If not I did find some affordable ones on the website you sent me the link for. I think they should be very "do able" since the prints don't have to be huge because of the large mats I want to use with them.
    Oh yea- I guess I still have to paint the DR..... just kidding. I can't wait to see it done- just not looking forward to doing it. With Thanksgiving looming out there, I guess I now have a deadline!

Has anyone printed anything from Vintage Printables? Also, any recommendations for bamboo/matchstick roll up blinds?

• ttodd
    13 years ago

Hey - I'm at home now!!!!

So sorry to her about your lap top!

Sorry for such a cryptic msg. before. My boss is cool w/ me on-line but I like to have as much work done first.

The only reason I buy and always suggest IKEA is becuase of the kids. Washability is priority #1, cost #2, extende lengths #3, and time. I have no time left anymore to even look elsewhere.

I got all of my matchstick blinds at Lowes soon after first moving in. They range in price from $14 - $30 (I think) for the largest size that I use at my largest windows (at least 84" in length).

I can't remember how big the largest natural type rug was at IKEA in-store.

Why don't you make use of a full sheet set and throw some up at the windows to see how you'd like white curtains?! Just kidding!

You're doing great - you took a huge leap of faith!

• teacats
    13 years ago

Although I haven't seen a photo of your dining room's end wall -- I THINK that I would vote for hanging the mirror (vertically) there ..... do you have a buffet/chest at the end of your dining room??

Just another thought floating by .... must get another cup of coffee ....

Jan at Rosemary Cottage

• bronwynsmom
    13 years ago

It's such a pleasure to see you so excited about this project! So of course I have a bunch of thoughts.

Three things...

First, you can buy a version of the Floreat hanger at the home center, but unless it's the real thing, it will work but not as well. I've tried them all, and Floreat is far superior, in my experience. As to clearing your chair rail, if you attach a bit of lumber to the back of the top of the mirror frame to hold the top off the wall by the same dimension as the chair rail, and your hanging wire is long enough to allow for the extra space, it will hang straight. But do have somebody hold it up there to look at what sort of shadow it creates by standing proud of the wall, and see if that is a problem for you.
    Second...I was recommending bamboo shades, not matchstick. Matchstick blinds are great for some plans, but I think you are wanting something with a little more presence and elegance for this room...and they are completely transparent from the outside at night when your lights are on. Country Curtains used to have nice ones for a rational price, and I have found them at World Market as well. I'd choose a light natural finish, not the tortoise shell or stained versions.

And third...I sense pattern and decoration creeping into your thinking!

I would let your striped couch be the pattern, at least for now, and keep the chairs completely plain. Keep any prints you add very large, with clear, uncluttered images and lots of white space, both in the prints and in the mats. Take a look at the Redoute prints in the link to see what I mean about clean images and white space...then imagine them with 6 inch off-white matting and slender frames.
    I would choose very simple matching solid colored ceramic lamps with ivory (not yellowy-cream) silk or linen shades that let the light through. Pure, gleaming, pale color. The classic double gourd shape in cream or gray would be a good choice.
    But in any case, get your floor plan in place before you add anything purely decorative.

And that's enough out of me for the day!

Here is a link that might be useful: Redoute prints

• homebodymom
    Original Author
    13 years ago

Ttodd- there is an IKEA about an hour away from here. I have been meaning to get there since they opened about a year ago. When it comes time for curtains, I will get there to shop for them. I really know the curtains I am looking for- it will be a no brainer.
    For now trying to focus on a rug and what to do with the mirror... I am trying so do this one step at a time as bronwynsmom suggested. It will help keep me from cluttering up the room as it was. It is like chinese torture for me to not have anything hanging on these walls. Gonna listen to the smart advice of getting the rug done first :(
    Does anyone know if there is a huge difference between sisal/seagrass other than the price? Maybe I will ask in a new post and see if anyone bites.

Teacats- right now there is a buffet on the back wall of the dining room- maybe I have a pic. Ok not a great one but you can get an idea. It is oak, and belonged to my grandparents-

Maybe put the mirror there facing the LR?
    bronwynsmom
    thanks for the tough love- I will need it on this project. I am so put of my comfort zone ( but in a good way) that I might need some reminders to stay focused on the end result. I looked at some lamps in my magazines today. Sure enoough you are right. Clean, simple, ceramic/glass, light in color is what works in these rooms. Boy- you are good. NO PRINT on the chair- I promise! Will be home all day tomorrow and do some measuring and make a decision about the mirror, and hopefully get a rug ordered too! I know you said you found the sisal rugs scratchy. Should I assume the seagrass is as well?

• yogacat
    13 years ago

The white is much nicer than the red! My only request is that you hang the mirror or send me your cat. I'd hate to see your little fur person injured because of a falling mirror. My beasts would be working to get between the mirror and the wall - resulting in a predictable disaster.

• teacats
    13 years ago

Try the white mirror over the sofa!!! :) You could hang a row of prints above it!!!

BTW -- IF you can get to a bookstore -- try to check out page 189 of Alexa Hampton's new decor book "The Language of Interior Design" -- GREAT idea to frame up a grid of sand dollars. Hung against a very neutral background -- and framed simply. Might be an idea for your room too!

And yes -- I do like the gold mirror in the dining room!! -- hung vertically to add some visual height to that end of the room. Might consider adding a couple of plain plates on each side .... Add a couple of tall buffet lamps for additional lighting choices ....

Jan at Rosemary Cottage

• yayagal
    13 years ago

Looking great so far, I love all the suggestions. I'm so glad you moved the sofa, it settles the room so much better in that spot.

• katrina_ellen
    13 years ago

I can't wait to see what else you do. This is fun! Great suggestions from everyone.

• ttodd
    13 years ago

I was the one that mentioned matchstick shades. I'm not recommending one over the other. Just depends on the look you want. Just wanted to throw another less expensive option out there.

• homebodymom
    Original Author
    13 years ago

Update! I know I am moving slow, so bear with me plz. The "fun" will begin shortly I promise ;0)
    I ordered a rug today!!!!!!!!! I ordered a seagrass 8x10 with a natural colored border.
    While I am waiting for it to arrive ( about a week) I took some photos of mirror placement options. I am keeping my mind open to moving to the DR, but would prefer it here in LR

option 1
    Keep it horizontal above the couch like in the last red photo

option 2- vertical on wall opposite the window. I would then put botanicals above the couch. It does fit above the chair rail.

option 3- vertical above the couch, maybe with a nice botanical on either side?

What do you think ladies?

yoga- Don't worry- the mirror is going on the walls. My boys will have to find trouble somewhere else. And believe me they will!!!

Teacats- I added a white pillow form on couch to get an idea on white pillows. What do you think?

White mirror over the sofa? I was kind of concerned about how that mirror was going to work with the white walls. I will take a pic of that. Wish I could photoshop. Hate to put holes in the walls :(

ttodd- love ALL of the options you are throwing out- keep them coming. As of now I have no idea of the difference between matchstick or bamboo. I am trying to keep on a budget and appreciate having lots of options. By this time next week hope to have a room full of numbered stuff to "play" with!

thanks again to everyone!

• loribee
    13 years ago

I'm proud of you for ordering the rug! :)