Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
lynninnewmexico

My Halloween Decs (Lots of Pics)

lynninnewmexico
9 years ago

I love Halloween and love decorating for it, but because I had yet another hand surgery last Thursday, I'm now forced to have to wait until close to the 28th to put mine up this year. In the mean time, I'm stuck here on my sofa, unable to do much but look at my pics from previous years. Hoping you don't mind me posting them, as I love my decs . . . and it's giving me something to do this morning (LOL). All are inside decs as we're acres apart here in this mountain valley. Plus, the packrats, coyote and our resident black bear make quick work of outside decs.
Lynn
This little Pumpkin Girl always makes me smile:

Since our art is definitely NOT Halloweenish, I bought several plastic door covers, and cut them up to fit over them. IRL the wrinkles you see in these pics do not show up.

I found the Halloween mantel scarves to be too pricey and bought a more reasonably priced curtain valance to use instead. Again, the wrinkles in the painting covers don't show up IRL, just in a flash photo:

The stockings were hung by the chimney with care:

I make over the game table area:

We love to read and so I always like to use books when I decorate:

The buffet in our dining room:

I took an old birdcage I had, found a plastic raven at Goodwill for $2, painted his eyes with glow-in-the-dark red paint and a light wash of a clear sparkle glaze over the rest of him . . . and here's my big guy.
{{gwi:1834142}}
My dining room set for supper. I decorated these Dollar Store glasses and small bread plates. Found the salad plates at Marshalls. I painted the chargers purple and made the napkins and napkin rings:

I made these spooky individual floral arrangements in silver goblets that I already had:

Window in our dining room:

I'm very slow typing with one hand, and have already lost this post once so I'll start more pics in a follow-up post in a minute. Did I mention that I LOVE Halloween (LOL)?

This post was edited by lynninnewmexico on Mon, Oct 20, 14 at 16:50

Comments (9)

• johnnycabot
    9 years ago
    last modified: 9 years ago

Your decorations are wonderful!! Thank you for sharing them. Hope your hand heals quickly. How is the ghost made on the mirror? Is that sponge paint? Love it!

• lynninnewmexico
    Original Author
    9 years ago

Just an old jar, filled with a Dollar Store eyeball candies and decorated with a sticker makes a nice Halloween dec, I think. I made my little ghost many, many years ago :

I painted my witch at the same time, and also the scarecrow below in another pic:

Light in our entrance foyer:

Hutch in there with more books:

My cousin's book, "Boo, Bunny!" always has a place of honor there.

These Halloween farolitos are easy to make with an empty gallon milk jug. Leave the handle on it and, after decorating as a monster, scary face, a cat or whatever, fill with 2-3 inches of sand and insert a votive candle.

Halloween "Ghost Eye" Tree centerpiece made by DD when she was younger:

My favorite cat sits on top of our wine cab:

Spook up any lamp with a bit of black cheese cloth that the Dollar Stores always seem to carry at this time of year. Draped around the top are just a couple DS necklaces. A nice, big spider is a fun addition.

A Halloween quilt and wall hangings, all made for us by my very talented bestfriend, Dianna:

Dining Room table centerpiece, which sits down at the end of the table during our meals:

Thanks for letting me play here today, showing you my favorite Halloween decs.
    Lynn

This post was edited by lynninnewmexico on Mon, Oct 20, 14 at 17:39

• lynninnewmexico
    Original Author
    9 years ago

Thanks Johnnycabot. No it's part of a plastic door mural that I cut up and gently taped (using special painters tape) to the picture frame.
    Lynn

• rockybird
    9 years ago

They look amazing! Very spooky and creative stuff! I hope you have a party or get lots of trick or treaters so you can share the decorations.

• yayagal
    9 years ago

fabulous lyn, sorry to hear about latest surgery, i too face another wrist surgery, grrrrrr four casts and therapy and still can't move my hand, good for you for making your home so tastefully decorated. sorry about typing, ither hand is exhausted lol

• Holly- Kay
    9 years ago

Lynn, Your darling decorations make me want to like Halloween. They are so cute and very creative! My very favorites are your little pumpkin girl, the caged raven and I love your spooky art made from door covers!

I am sending prayers and good thoughts your way for quick healing of your hand.

• melle_sacto is hot and dry in CA Zone 9/
    9 years ago

GREAT decorations!!! I like the valance you used for the fireplace mantle, what a creative solution.

• lonestar123
    9 years ago

I love your decorations. I have so may but most of them are the battery operated/plug in ones that the kids like

• eandhl
    9 years ago

As always I enjoy your Holiday decorations. Sorry you can't do it now. Take care of yourself.