Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
boystown

Natural Area Rugs

boystown
9 years ago

Anyone ever purchase a rug from Natural Area Rugs? I am wanting an area rug to place under my dining room table. Unfortunately the dining room is a high traffic room and we have 2 little dogs. Needs to be sturdy and easy to clean. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks

Comments (13)

• Sueb20
    9 years ago

I ordered a couple of small (4x6 or 5x8, can't remember) seagrass rugs from them a few years ago. They're in our beach cottage and I think they are good quality. No problems with them, although they are not in high-traffic areas.

• awm03
    9 years ago

I bought two rugs from them several years ago. I was happy with the transactions and I'm still very happy with the rugs.

• bowbat
    9 years ago

I've bought several seagrass rugs from them in sizes ranging from small to room-sized, and we've been very pleased.

• loribee
    9 years ago

Ditto, 2 seagrass rugs and I was happy.

• coll_123
    9 years ago

I did a decorator showhouse this summer and we used an oval jute rug from there. It was nice- I liked that it was soft. However, we placed it on a white painted floor and It left a bit of a stain that had to be scrubbed off- I think we should have vacuumed it well on both sides before laying it down. I'd order from there again.

• rubyclaire
    9 years ago

I ordered two seagrass rugs from Natural Area Rugs and have been generally happy with the experience. One of the rugs was a custom size and that one is just a tad crooked - nothing I can't live with. Unfortunately, I bought a size too small for the living room. My mistake. I will likely order the larger size from them in the near future.

• runninginplace
    9 years ago

Have bought several area rugs, both standard and custom size and very pleased with quality, service, shipping and price. It's an easily navigated site with a huge inventory.

Coll, I think the problem you encountered has to do with the properties of jute, not a particular rug. I bought a jute rug for my LR and indeed, it does seem to throw off a lot of debris, especially at first. I have cleaned underneath a couple of times but that's something to be aware of with that particular material. I've also ordered seagrass and sisal from NAR and no problems at all.

• boystown
    Original Author
    9 years ago

Do you all have a preference of jute or seagrass from this company? Such great comments you have provided and am truly appreciative. I have made many mistakes when purchasing area rugs so want to try and get it right this time. Thanks

• PRO
    BeverlyFLADeziner
    9 years ago

Great look, but pet stains are a problem with natural fiber rugs.

• rubyclaire
    9 years ago

I've had both jute and seagrass and prefer seagrass. Seems a tad softer to me.

• coll_123
    9 years ago

runninginplace, I'm sure you are right about the jute.

We ordered the oval jute one and in the description it said it was soft- and it was. Not soft like a chenille rug, but softer than sisal, certainly. I thought it was very nice looking.

• Mike121
    9 years ago

If you have pets in your home then i would suggest you to bring a polypropylene made rug which is stain-resistant, sturdy and easy to maintain. This is the most suitable for high traffic areas as its fibres are non-shedding.

• runninginplace
    9 years ago

I also find the jute to be softer than sisal--actually much to my surprise. Wasn't expecting that. I've mentioned my cats absolutely LOVE the jute rug in our LR; they literally fling themselves down on that thing to lounge.

And not that you asked, but in terms of size, don't skimp. I asked about that before I bought my jute rug and acceded to the many tips to go big. Haven't regretted it and these rugs are such an economical option that you really can get a lot for your money. Larger looks better, almost always.
    Ann