Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
sas95_gw

Green (??) Paint Suggestions for DR

sas95
9 years ago

I have been in the process of repainting our home, and have gradually been switching out the bad yellow choices that I had running throughout the house. I love yellow, but it was generally awful in my light. The dining room is the last room to paint-- and I actually like the color fine (BM Straw), but as I no longer have other yellow walls, I'm feeling like the yellow in this room is no longer cohesive with the rest of the house. All other rooms are now painted either off white or a shade of green.

We do not have an open floor plan per se, but the rooms have large, doorless openings and kind of flow into each other. This room is bordered by the LR, which I have painted BM Dove Wing (a grayish off white), and by the kitchen which has light green cabinets and light green walls (BM Celery Salt).

I still want a color for the walls in this room, as it has a whole lot of neutral already, and I do like color. I was thinking a green, but before I run out and buy a bunch of color samples, I was hoping for some feedback on whether green might be a good choice for this room and if so, some suggested shades-- or suggestions for a different direction entirely. Or should I just leave it as is?

Thanks!

Comments (4)

Sponsored
FineCraft Contractors, Inc.
Average rating: 4.9 out of 5 stars145 Reviews
Unparalleled Craftsmanship in Arlington County/Alexandria, VA