Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
jenskitchen_gw

Can I see your round kitchen/dining tables?

jenskitchen
15 years ago

We are looking for a transitional/contemporary style round dining table for our kitchen. Preferably it would also have leaves. We are thinking about upholstered chairs also because we basically live in our kitchen and want something comfy. Any ideas? I have searched the regular suspects - PB, C&B, Ballard, RH ...

Comments (29)

• nhb22
    15 years ago

No leaves, but here is our table with comfy chairs.

First photo was taken on moving day and the glass has been changed to a larger piece.
    {{!gwi}}

Currently

Have you seen the round wood tables that open up to seat anywhere from 4-10? Very pricey! See example in below link. The example is more of a contemporary look, but I have seen them in the Althorp Furniture Collection (Charles, the Ninth Earl Spencer - Lady Di's brother.)

Here is a link that might be useful: Round Table

• Cindy
    15 years ago

You might want to take a look at Bassett Furniture. They have a program where you design the table by selecting the shape, size, base, color, etc... I believe delivery is approx 30 days. I stumbled across Bassett when shopping for a small round table for my kitchen area.

Based on forum feedback, I had my chairs custom made by Carrington Court. I ordered fabric and finish samples, placed my order online and 4 weeks later the chairs were delivered. They are PERFECT in every way and the cost was very reasonable. http://www.carringtoncourtdirect.com/products.cfm?strt=1&TypeID=10

I don't have pictures stored on a web service and therefore can't upload for you to see. I would be happy to email you some pics if you'd like.

Here is a link that might be useful: Bassett Custom Dining

• jenskitchen
    Original Author
    15 years ago

That expansion table is so cool. Now I need to rob a bank ...

Newhomebuilder: Where are your chairs from? They look so comfy and aweswome.

Cindla, thank you for the suggestions. I am going to check out Bassett and Carrington now.

• budge1
    15 years ago

If you live in comfy kitchen chairs, you might want to get them in a slipcovered style - just in case.

• mistybear11
    15 years ago

Here is mine with one leaf in it.I have one more leaf when used I can seat 6 comfortably and 8 a little less comfortable.

• roorezzi
    15 years ago

This is an old pic (pre-window treatments and new floor)

• Kathleen McGuire
    15 years ago

Mine is a 60" round from Aurhouse Furniture.

• t.o.girl
    15 years ago

newhomebuilder - can you please tell me what the name of the granite on your countertop is .... I just love it and am looking for something similar for our new kitchen (sorry to get off topic!!!) thanks!

• cliff_and_joann
    15 years ago

My table is octagon, we use to have a 48" round table, until one day I went back to my secret garden and realized how lovely Grandpa's wrought iron table was...
    We made an octagon top for it to and placed a glass insert in the middle. The table has 4 ladder back chairs and we made two small side chairs so that we could easily seat 6...and in a pinch seat 8.

kmcg 85, I love your kitchen!

• Kathleen McGuire
    15 years ago

Thankyou cliff and joann!

• nhb22
    15 years ago

Chairs came from Stein Mart.

Granite is New Venetian Gold

• kidshop
    15 years ago

Hi! I've wandered over from the kitchens forum and I am really enjoying this forum. I just got this table this week. We have an eat in kitchen and no other dining room, so I needed a table to seat 8 when needed but then also fit our everyday lives. The table has built in drop leaves so it can be a 46" square, 2 leaves up makes an oval, and fully open is a 65" circle.

I love the table, but the chairs are HUGE! I am also undecided if the oak color goes with my new cabs which are medium maple...it doesn't seem to clash too much, but is definitely not a match.

Anyway, here it is:

• jan5_2007
    15 years ago

Kidshop,

That table sounds like a great solution for me!
    Would you mind sharing the manufacturer or where you bought it?
    Thank you.

• kidshop
    15 years ago

I got it at Haverty's, it's called Timber Ridge. They offer both counter and regular height (I have regular). The review's are excellent.

I also found this same design table, offered only in counter height at Homeplace Furniture. I think it is "Mill Creek" there, and it one solid color made of birch. I liked the finish of this one a lot, but counter height is just too overwhelming for my kitchen. HTH!

• texanjana
    15 years ago

Here is ours, photo is a little dark. It is made by Hekman, chairs are leather and very comfy.

Here is a link that might be useful:

• parma42
    15 years ago

The only pics I have of our round breakfast nook table are from right after we moved in.

• upa_lazy_river
    15 years ago

Mine isn't contemporary but this is our kitchen nook. Old picture now I have a rug under the table.

{{!gwi}}

• Jeannine
    15 years ago

My [very small] dining room is NOT done, but here's my oval table with upholstered chairs...

{{!gwi}}

• bonniee818
    15 years ago

Mine is octagon also. This is an old pic, when we first moved in. Mine came from Malouf Furniture. Good luck ! :)
    Bonnie

Here is a link that might be useful: table in breakfast nook

• creekylis
    15 years ago

I don't have a pic of mine right now, but it's this table from Ethan Allen.

{{!gwi}}

Here is a link that might be useful: Website

• hoyamom
    15 years ago

Ours is what they call a boat shape and it does come with a leaf and will seat 6. It's 48x48".

• jenskitchen
    Original Author
    15 years ago

What do you think of this one? I have cherry cabinets so it would match and it seems pretty simple. I'm toying with the idea of just getting the table and then getting chairs made by Carrington Court as suggested. I can't see the product anywhere near me which makes me a little nervous and I've never shopped JC Penney before.

Here is a link that might be useful: JC Penney table

• socalgirl_2008
    15 years ago

I got mine from Charleston Forge. The base is very similar
    to creekylis' but the top is glass. I ordered it from North Carolina.

• nhb22
    15 years ago

jenskitchen - Your link doesn't work.

socalgirl - Hope you don't hate the glass as much as I do. Looks great when it is clean, nut after one meal, it looks a mess. The sun shining through the window makes everything show...including dust. Also, the table shakes when we try to cut our food. lol I will never get another glass top.

• terezosa / terriks
    15 years ago

I was fascinated with kidshop's square to round table, and recently found a similar one at a local furniture store. I found a link to the manufacturer. It's definitely not high end furniture, but I love the idea.

Here is a link that might be useful: Square to round dining tables

• yborgal
    15 years ago

Our table is old and belonged to my DH's grandmother. Without leaves it's 42" round and seats 4; with 3 leaves it's 72" long and seats 6-8 because the chairs aren't very wide.

• catkin
    15 years ago

kmcg, what is your wall color? Love your kitchen! Thanks.

• mscarol
    15 years ago

newhomebuilder, what color is your kitchen? I have the same counter top and love the color you used. Please share~

• Kathleen McGuire
    15 years ago

catkin, Thanks! The color is EK Edgewood Green.

Sponsored
Fresh Pointe Studio
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars4 Reviews
Industry Leading Interior Designers & Decorators | Delaware County, OH