Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
rorycn

Anyone familiar with Source 4 Interiors?

Rory (Zone 6b)
11 years ago

Hello, It's been a long time since I last posted. I am having my sofa reupholstered and finally picked a fabric. Upholstery shop charges $60/yard for the fabric I picked but I knew I could get a better price online so I was researching last night. I was all set to order when I found the fabric for $39.26/yard but shortly thereafter I received an email from Source 4 Interiors in response to an on-line quote I had requested. Source 4 Interior quoted me $21/yard. I am loving this price but it seems too good to be true. Anyone have experience working with them?

Here is the link to the fabric from the manufactures website.

https://www.greenhousefabrics.com/fabrics/94214-lentil

Thanks for any input! Robyn

Comments (8)

• swimmer22
    11 years ago

I'm just surprised you found an upholstery shop that would do the work if you didn't buy the fabric from them. I would go with the $21/yard source. I've found unbelievable discounts shopping on-line vendors and have never encountered a problem. I just ordered a new door entry set on-line for $50-- exact same one as in a big box hardware retail store for $169!

• Annie Deighnaugh
    11 years ago

I've always bought fabric and brought it with me to the upholsterer...I've never bought their fabrics....

• Olychick
    11 years ago

If you're worried about quality and customer service from your online source, just be sure to pay with your credit card that has the best consumer protection. If you aren't happy, you can get them to intervene.

• bronwynsmom
    11 years ago

I would ask for a half yard cut before ordering. For ten or twenty dollars, it would be worth the insurance of seeing it yourself.

Also, since you haven't done this before, have you gotten references from customers of your upholsterers? Quality of work can vary dramatically. I learned the hard way never to choose an upholsterer until I had talked to customers, and seen some of what the shop has done.

One shop had several samples on their workshop floor - turns out they had been done elsewhere by another shop.
    Sneaky.

• Rory (Zone 6b)
    Original Author
    11 years ago

I heard back for Source 4 Decorators and they get the fabric directly from the manufacturer but it will take 6 week to get the fabric. I really need this project complete by Thanksgiving and the upholster said if I got the fabric in the next 2 week he could have done by then.

A friend referred me to this shop and when I was talking to the owner a women came in to have some chairs reupholstered and she was a repeat customer. The shop has been in business for years. A Korean husband and wife are the owners - she does the spring work and he does the upholstery.

• bronwynsmom
    11 years ago

Sounds like you're doing this just right!

• source4interiors
    10 years ago

With regards to your questions about Source 4 Interiors this is Joni I am the owner of source4interiors.com we offer all designer fabrics they are all first quality and instock fabrics are delivered 3-5 day delivery time. We do not offer any 2nds of any kind all come directly from the manufacturer. If you have any questions please visit our site and I would be happy to assist you. I am a designer in Arizona and have been in the fabric business for 18 years and as I said only deal directly with the manufacturer so everything is first quality only.

Here is a link that might be useful: Source 4 Interiors

Sponsored
Dave Fox Design Build Remodelers
Average rating: 4.9 out of 5 stars49 Reviews
Columbus Area's Luxury Design Build Firm | 17x Best of Houzz Winner!