Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
sreedesq

Please share your Ikea hits and misses.

sreedesq
10 years ago

I live fairly far from Ikea, so I end up being able to visit it once or twice a year. Often, the visit is overwhelming. So, with an upcoming trip in a couple of weeks I am planning to go with a list. I would love to know what you have really loved or not so much from there - especially currently? Also, what are your tips for navigating the store? I will add that I am remodeling my home, so any type of storage containers, laundry room pieces, organizers, etc are much needed.

Comments (60)

• deegw
    10 years ago
    last modified: 9 years ago

I've only been twice for browsing. I think if I was on a mission, I would go through the downstairs first and get the things on my shopping list. Then, if I still had energy I would wander through the upstairs to see the displays (of things that I didn't know I needed).

• blubird
    10 years ago

I've had their office line of furniture in my sewing room for many years, as well as their kitchen cabs for storage in my sewing room and basement. They've been very well-built and sturdy and wouldn't hesitate to recommend them. Some of their less expensive lines of furniture, however, don't seem to be as durable.

Helene

• neetsiepie
    10 years ago

Make sure you. Have a floorplan and exact measurements of the areas youre planning for. Take a tablet, calculayor and tape measure too! I always seem to be off when I go and dont pick up enough or get too much!

Check out their as-is area first thing. I jave found cabinetry, counter tops and my DD found a chair marked way down. With something found in there, it might change what you look for upstairs.

Be open minded and think outside the box. Bear in mind that upstairs is the show room meant to inspire.

I love the Billy bookcases because a lot of their storage pieces are made to fit. We outfitted our main bath thru Ikea-and I wouldnt change a thing. My kitchen and my office have cabinetry pieces that I configured and love. Not a big fan of their desks, dressers or bed frames, however. But lighting and kitchen storage get a thumbs up from me.

• artydecor
    10 years ago

I went last week, and bought Aina linen curtains (they've changed the fabric and heading, and aren't quite as nice as the ones I bought a couple years ago- but still a good buy), chair cushions, a galvanized steel watering can ($4.99!), a tall steel planter to use for umbrellas, and round steel planter to use as a wastebasket. Also some teensy, tiny, soft mice from the baby dept, just because they were so darn cute. Next time I'm getting one of these:

Here is a link that might be useful: RASKOG kitchen cart

• jakabedy
    10 years ago

sonicmom -

I LOVE that RASKOG cart! We moved my mom into an apartment back during the summer and made a trip to IKEA to get her some things. I saw that RASKOG cart and decided she had to have it (because I thought it was cool). She keeps it in the carport and uses it to roll her groceries, etc. from the car into the house. I need to think of an excuse to get one for myself.

• neetsiepie
    10 years ago

Make sure you. Have a floorplan and exact measurements of the areas youre planning for. Take a tablet, calculayor and tape measure too! I always seem to be off when I go and dont pick up enough or get too much!

Check out their as-is area first thing. I jave found cabinetry, counter tops and my DD found a chair marked way down. With something found in there, it might change what you look for upstairs.

Be open minded and think outside the box. Bear in mind that upstairs is the show room meant to inspire.

I love the Billy bookcases because a lot of their storage pieces are made to fit. We outfitted our main bath thru Ikea-and I wouldnt change a thing. My kitchen and my office have cabinetry pieces that I configured and love. Not a big fan of their desks, dressers or bed frames, however. But lighting and kitchen storage get a thumbs up from me.

• neetsiepie
    10 years ago

• violetwest
    10 years ago

If you can, acquire the print catalog and make lists.

Make a priority list! There's so much cool stuff it's easy to get distracted and off -target. Have backups, because sometimes when you get to the flat pack section -- they're out of what you want.

Make a "nice to have but not essential" list too.

Make a budget! 'Cause boy, it's easy to overdo that one.

Since I live so far away, it's an overnight trip for me. My strategy is to go through once on the first day, making notes of what I might like -- then go back the next day (on the way home) and actually buy the stuff.

Wear good walking shoes.

• CeltiaKris
    10 years ago

As with others, we have no misses, just good hits! We put Poang chairs and an Ikea storage ottoman in our kitchen - LOVE them! The chairs are comfy but not bulky and the covers are washable and changeable. The storage ottoman has been a surprisingly efficient storage area. And compared to furniture stores it was CHEAP! But plenty sturdy and nicely puffy - comfy for feet or for sitting.

We have a Micke desk and rolling storage unit in my daughter's room. She's pretty gentle with her stuff, but I'm still surprised by how immaculate they look after months of sleepovers and cousin visits.

We have Hemnes bedside tables, and I was very impressed with the all-wood construction and solid feel of them.

We have some of their kitchen cabinets too, which we installed in a pantry. My sister-in-law installed a whole kitchen with their cabs. They are very nicely made, sturdy, attractive, and elegantly designed (SOOOO easy to put together). I would highly recommend them in a laundry room.

I've also gotten a bunch of great unexpected finds - pillow covers in exactly the shade of eggplant that I painted my dining room, beautiful little glass lights for my guest room, a 3-arm towel hanger for my bathroom that has no wall space for towel bars, a new teflon pan to replace our old worn pan, a cool/bizarre rolling shopping bag that I knew my mom would love for her birthday, and amazing kid stuff.

Our last visit, we finally brought a list and a budget, and in our budget, we included $100 just for the fun little stuff downstairs. Best Ikea trip ever. Got what we needed, got some fun stuff we wanted, and felt good about the bill on the way home. Good luck!

• PRO
    BeverlyFLADeziner
    10 years ago

There have been great suggestions so far. I would add to take a camera to shoot the displays that you might want to refer to later. I have hundreds of shots from over the years that I refer to for info and ideas.

I never walk out without purchasing batteries and sometimes light bulbs too. The batteries are the very best buy & the light bulbs are sometimes unique & well priced.

I also purchase their napkins, 365 knives for my kitchen & six pack of wine glasses. Besides purchasing an IKEA kitchen & Besta to store books and media, here is what I have purchased over the years.

• michoumonster
    10 years ago

i go to ikea mostly for the storage stuff, knick knacks, and kids' stuff.

like many others i am in love with my raskog cart from there. it has been great for holding my cleaning supplies, rags and vacuum parts. DH preferred the grey one, but i really love the aqua blue cart. i plan to go back to buy the aqua one and keep it outside for gardening. whenever i go to ikea, i load up on hangers. they have nice wooden ones and also kid's size hangers which i have not found anywhere else.
    love the kitchen grundtal rail system, also the stainless steel trivets, and plastic cutting boards.
    for kids, i love the small selection of wooden toys offered there, especially the wooden train tracks. the stuffed animals are also useful because they have sewn-on faces, so no choking hazards and super easy to toss in the wash. funnily, i didn't think their stuffed animals were that cute, but this rabbit/kangaroo thingy is my DD's favorite.
    i also have found the plastic step stools there useful for toddlers. non-kid items that i use for my kids are the stainless espresso cups and milk frother pitcher, perfect for my toddlers to drink their tea out of and i use the milk frother container to let them pour their own water.

things i wasn't crazy about were the bath soap dispensers. maybe i had bad ones but they all got rusty. also the bedding i got there has not held up well in the wash, though these things are cheap so i cannot complain.

• jesshs
    10 years ago

Expedit! I have a 4 x4 in my dd's room (she's 11) and I have 2 2x2's together (I could not get 2 of the larger size to fit in my minivan with all our vacation luggage) in our family room for all of my craft stuff. These shelves are indispensable. We have some of the inexpensive cloth cubes to in the shelves and they are nice. They also have baskets to fit.

My bedroom set is IKEA- queen bed, nightstands, and two dressers-still unfinished pine even. It was the second cheapest bed when we bought it as poor newlyweds. We have had it for 17 years and it has moved 5 times and is still going strong. I think I am going to stain it and add plywood and upholster the headboard this year.

We have had a large unfinished pine coffee table that has also served as a kids art/toy table. It is also 17 years old. I have sanded out kids marker and pen marks. It just finished its most recent tour as a coffee table in our family room and is in my ds's room as a lego building table.

I have a teak bench outside from IKEA that is about 10-11 years old. Never protected it or cleaned it and it is still going strong, although weathered looking, which I like.

They have these cloth zip bottom drawer organizers which are awesome and super cheap. If you are not using them you unzip and they fold flat to store. I also have the cardboard snap-up sides with metal trim storage boxes for my dvds and they work well and are also super good value.

I hope you enjoy your trip. The closest IKEA to me is a good 6 hours away. Hence stopping at one while on the way back from vacation and forcing my lusted after expedits into the car along with all our luggage and souvenirs.

• lala girl
    10 years ago

I did a similiar trip in Minneapolis last summer after dropping my boys at camp - it will be so fun! I made a list and really have loved everything - here are my favorites -

White lack coffee tables
    vago easy chairs for the patio
    Sheepskins for our acrylic kitchen counter chairs - also have one on a leather ottoman in our family room
    Aina White linen curtain panels- I have these in every room on our first floor, they wash in cold water and with a quick air dry and iron look great
    I also loaded up on candles and bud vases - cant have too many ;)

• sjhockeyfan325
    10 years ago

Hits: Hemnes dessers and nightstands, several table lamps, a floor lamp, Hemnes bed with storage underneath, media storage (Besta?), expedition shelves

Miss: Godmorgon vanity, but only because I couldn't add my own countertop and undercounted sink

To be determined: PAX closet system being delivered this weekend

• luckygal
    10 years ago

How could I forget one of my most recent Ikea hits!

It's the "Skubb organizer with 9 compartments." I got 2 of them and also the foldable storage boxes that fit like drawers in the compartments. Currently being used for my most-used in season shoes but would also be useful for many other items.

• pammyfay
    10 years ago

Also: If you are a dog-lover, see if they have the Bastis hook. It's rubber, comes in great colors, and, well .... they are the backside of a dog, with the tail up (the tail is the hook). I absolutely love it! I have 2 next to my front door to hold the dog leash and my keys.

• Tmnca
    10 years ago

Our living room furniture and bookshellf sets are Ikea Hemnes, it is real wood and a nice expresso finish it has held up well and we like it a lot for the price. Markor is also nice. My husband loves his galant desk and Ikea chair. OUr dining table is a butcher block style from Ikea with a leaf, it's great too!

The really cheap stuff there is not as well constructed of course but it's so inexpensive it fills the bill for many situations. The mid-higher stuff is at least as well made as anything from pottery barn etc.

• nosoccermom
    10 years ago

Below is a link to designer's favorite IKEA designs.
    Personally, I like their curtains, duvet covers, accessories (throw pillow covers, blankets, etc), picture frames, light fixtures, their meat balls and apple tart!
    Also like the new IKEA Stockholm sofa in fabric or leather and their Gutmorgen bathroom vanity, as well as their kitchens.

Here is a link that might be useful: IKEA designer picks

• sreedesq
    Original Author
    10 years ago

I'm pretty sure I need to rent a Uhaul!

I love so much of what you all have suggested and I'm adding it to my shopping list. I have found the shopping list very helpful and I like that it tells you where in the store to find items!

• musicteacher
    10 years ago

I bought a really cool chandelier that can be used with light bulbs or candles or both. Trouble was, it had 10 inch hooks instead of a chain so it wasn't very adjustable and would have hung way too low over my table - like chin height. So disappointed! And I love all their storage and kitchen gadgets.

• daisychain01
    10 years ago

We have the expedit desk that attaches to the bookshelf. Both are sturdy and a great size for us. I've used their utensil racks for years and love them. Everyone always asks where I got them. They also have knife magnets cheaper than elsewhere. I didn't get mine there, but couldn't live without it and am planning on buying one from there for the lake.

• Annie Deighnaugh
    10 years ago

Hadn't thought about it before, but there are more ikea items here than I thought...

we bought a bookcase...bromeliad?...and some baskets to use for storage in place of a sofa table in the FR. It is sturdy enough, but the faux wood grain finish looks meh. It is very practical though as it's open to the kitchen side and is stuffed with newspapers and magazines and such.

I bought a sheepskin rug, a casserole, some dishes, my wide chain fed roller shade in my bedroom. Those seem to have worked fine.
    We bought two upper cabinets to put over our washer dryer and they are very nice, sturdy and operate well. The only caution there is, it's very confusing getting the right stuff, so we asked a fellow to pull the doors for us, and he pulled the wrong thing....we didn't know until we opened the box at home and had to run back and swap it. So check each box you buy to make sure it's the right thing.

Also, if you are buying storage things, be sure you know your exact measurements...nothing worse than being there thinking something may work and not knowing for sure. So make sketches and measure everything you think you might need to know before the trip.

While you're there, it's time to look, feel and sit. Even if you don't want something now but think you might, try it. You can always order it later. In fact things like window treatments can get very confusing in the store or they might not have what you need in stock, so you can check it out while you're there and then order it.

• beaches1980
    10 years ago

I love ikea! It's a great place to buy decor without breaking the bank.

Right now, I have:

• pammyfay
    10 years ago

Beaches: I love that chair! Wish I had room for it. A great reading chair, I imagine. I think I read that it's kind of a re-issue of an early Ikea product?

• maire_cate
    10 years ago

Now I almost feel guilty that I never even think of Ikea.

Many, many years ago, when their first store opened in my area my neighbor and I trekked out to Conshohocken , PA with all 6 of our kids. It was interesting and we did buy some things but I just never went back.

Now there's an IKEA about 15 - 20 minutes away - just across the bridge in South Philly and I've never gone. I think it's time I convince my DD that we should go. She's in a tiny apt and needs storage items and they'll even do same day delivery it necessary. I think I'll give her a call.

• noellabelle
    10 years ago

I have the raskog kitchen cart as toy storage in my girl's room, and it works out great there.

We've bought a ton of ikea stuff lately. We have multiple billy bookcases, a besta tv stand, ektorp sofa and ottomans, hemnes sofa table, and ingolf dining room chairs. I've been happy with everything. Oh, and I just got a linen duvet cover for my bed, which is wonderful too! We love ikea here. : )

• beaches1980
    10 years ago

pammyfay - the chair is great! It was pretty reasonable too. It's not the best quality, nor is it the most comfy, but it looks great and is perfect as an occational chair in our bedroom.

• gsciencechick
    10 years ago

Here is our Billy/Benno combo from the home office. We just got these attached to the walls. We did not have enough space to do the corner Billy as we had planned.

• Holly- Kay
    10 years ago

I feel like I am missing out on something. I don't have one Ikea product in my home. I have only been in one of their stores once and that had to be over twenty years ago. I don't even know where the closest is located. I'll have to google to find out.

• vera11
    10 years ago

I am trying so hard to like ikea..but I just cant..bought a micke desk, delivery was a lot of money..when it arrived there were so many pieces of wood and screws..it was mind boggling to try and assemble it..i sold it at a loss on craigs list..will never again buy something that needs putting together..if u google I hate ikea..u will come up with a lot of dislikes..however my biggest beef is that they do NOT deliver many items that don't need assembly..don't understand why..

• gsciencechick
    10 years ago

With our shelving in the photo above, once you do one Billy/Benno, they are exactly the same.

The TV stand took a little more time due to the drawers.

Our local delivery for all of this was $59, but there is a store about 30 min away. The shelving was too tall and too much to fit it all in my small SUV. Some of the items you can order online, but those are shipped from a warehouse vs. the local store.

• carriem25
    10 years ago

We currently live 25 minutes from an Ikea, so I go fairly frequently. Dh has decreed that he does not care what I buy at Ikea, provided he does not have to assemble it, LOL.

Both of the kids' rooms are done in Ikea - dd has the antique pine stain on a dresser, bed, bookcase, desk and shelving unit. DS has a black stained Hemnes dresser and bookcase, and a metal framed double bed and a single loft bed in his room. I have the same metal framed bed (Queen) in the spare room, and just bought some Billy bookcases for in there as well. We have a Poang chair and ottoman in the family room, and a white daybed in the sunroom.

Lots of hits, not too many misses, and the location makes Ikea a great place for me.

Carrie

• fourkids4us
    10 years ago

We've had mostly hits, but a few misses along the way. Don't kill me those of you who have to make a road trip out of going to IKEA, but I have three IKEAs within 45-60 minutes of me. I don't go very often, mainly because I forget about it. Plus it kind of stresses me out a little if I'm going there for something in particular, but then I see all these cool ideas for something I hadn't thought of, but don't have measurements for, so need to go home and measure and then go back again. But, I digress.

Hits: Our basement "man cave" has an Ektorp sleep sofa and regular sofa which are perfect for the space. It's not a heavy use room, mainly used on weekends when my kids are around or have friends over and want to watch TV. I wouldn't want them for a heavily used family/living room as they aren't as comfortable as I'd like, plus I've seen heavily used ones and the cushions/slipcovers start to look well worn/loose shape/etc. We've had ours for 2-3 years so far and they look great. We have the Hemnes TV unit and side table. Sturdy enough but the wood is soft so easily dinged, so again, not what I'd want in heavy use area. Love the storage on the TV unit - perfect for storing DVDs and Wii paraphernalia.

Have the Hemnes day bed in my 14 y/o dd's room. Love it. Incredibly heavy and sturdy and actually quite comfortable even though it doesn't use typically sized mattresses. Storage drawers underneath are quite roomy and the whole piece pulls out to extend the bed to king size if necessary. We keep the mattress on the daybed (two of them stacked one of top of the other) but so far, haven't ever used the trundle feature. Drawer bottoms are not sturdy - just particle board crap, but dh had a friend make bottoms out of recycled plastic (after a mishap in which dh folded the box from IKEA in half, breaking all three bottoms for the drawers, not realizing they were still in there). So dd ended up with much sturdier drawers that are perfect for storing out of season clothes, etc. Also in her room is the MICKE desk and storage unit. Have had this for about a year and works great for her. Not a large surface but enough for her needs and the storage drawers are great for all her school supplies, etc.

Years ago, we had a desk that had a pine desktop, but the drawers were made out of plastic with a pine front and back. The drawers were always a mess - not sliding in and out easily, didn't hold enough weight, etc. It was fine for a while but in hindsight I wouldn't have bought it. But that was years ago and sure they probably don't sell it anymore.

I've also bought many smaller things that I love - down pillows, comforters, throw pillows, an area rug, lots of storage items such as baskets, drawer organizers, trash cans, step stools, light fixtures. Only thing that was a total fail were some sheets I bought for a guest bed that were horrible - very stiff and scratchy.

I'm planning on buying some bookcases/etc to create a storage area in our garage for all my kids' sports gear - kind of like a mudroom/locker thing. My friend did it in her garage and it looks awesome. We have a mudroom off the kitchen with a built-in cubby system but my kids always come in the garage and kick their shoes off there, etc, rather than the backdoor so want to repurpose the mudroom storage. IKEA Hacksters has some great ideas for repurposing/designing things using IKEA goods.

All in all, I like IKEA, but make sure to carefully think about whatever I'm planning to use the items for to make sure they are sturdy enough for what I want to use it for.

Have fun on your shopping trip!

• Sueb20
    10 years ago

I just ordered two 24" square bookshelves for my home office. It was the only solution I could find for a bookcase that would fit under the windows. They were just around $100 for both, and $46 for shipping! Gah. I could drive to an Ikea around an hour away, but both times I've been to the store, I was so overwhelmed and lost the whole time...I decided the $46 was worth it!

• denali2007
    10 years ago

I love their wooden silverware drawer organizer. I have 2 of them side by side and they fit together nicely.

I also like the shelf liners.

Here is a link that might be useful: siverware drawer organizer

• 4boys2
    10 years ago

Also•••••• When you make your list online and press print
    it will ask you if you want the location of the item added to the list.
    Such as aisle and bin # ..........

• cyn427 (z. 7, N. VA)
    10 years ago

Maire Cate, the first Ikea in Pa was in Plymouth Meeting. It was such a huge deal when it opened. We all went! Very cool because we had never seen a store like it. Fun memory.

• pammyfay
    10 years ago

What else is cool at Ikea? At some of the stores (like the one just outside Chicago), they have special escalators just for the shopping carts! You put your cart on one escalator, and you ride down or up in one next to it. Just a fantastic idea -- you just can't help watch it work!

• sjhockeyfan325
    10 years ago

They have those at our local Target store.

• pammyfay
    10 years ago

Sjhockeyfan -- do you live in California? I think I saw one at a Target, maybe near Reseda?

• sjhockeyfan325
    10 years ago

I am in northern California - they have one of those cool escalators at the Target at Tanforan Mall in San Bruno.

• sudiepav
    10 years ago

We love lots about Ikea, but I think the best is their stainless cookware. Not the 365 series, but the better grade. We have the 2 saucepans and the Dutch oven and we use them all the time, and we're serious cooks. Love their wine glasses and their classic white china. They have cute and inexpensiveXmas, and Hanukkah decorations right now. Great prices on wrapping paper, and we love their square paper napkins and the lucite holder we bought to fit them. Don't forget batteries and light bulbs. If you need a small stool for a little one, they're $2. I got a great step stool for me (birch) for $18. We are about 45 minutes from our Ikea...we have an errand out that way next month, so I'll stop again!

• sreedesq
    Original Author
    10 years ago

Again, I can't thank all of you enough. My trip is Friday, I have dedicated half a day. I have joined the family program and have made my shopping list. I also have a ton of measurements and pictures.

We are thinking of doing our rec room kitchenette (one lower row of wall cabinets) in Ikea. So, I wanted to check out what they have. Does anyone know if I need to make an appt with a designer or is it walk in?

I think we will load up on LED lightbulbs, clothes hangers, and organizers while we are there! A lot of organizing is needed for the new house.

• francoise47
    10 years ago

Don't forget to put several IKEA chocolate hazelnut bars in your cart -- they are delish!

This post was edited by francoise47 on Wed, Nov 6, 13 at 12:50

• sreedesq
    Original Author
    10 years ago

Chocolate Hazelnut is my fave - adding it to this list! :)

• iheartgiantschnauzer
    10 years ago

We needed a night stand for a guest room. I purchased the rast chest. I then painted it and swapped out hardware. Love it. Tons of easy great hacks for the rast.

• Bunny
    10 years ago

The nearest Ikea is about 60 miles away through a high traffic area, so I've never been in person. I have a feeling if I went, I'd want a ton of stuff.

Recently I bought a pair of Ritva cotton panels for $25! Nice, slightly off-white, good weight, with a faint cross-hatch pattern in the weave. They're 96" so even after washing and shrinking a bit I was still able to hem them to get the length I needed. Best $25 I've ever spent.

• maggiepie11
    10 years ago

another vote for their window treatments... i was amazed at the quality of some of them.

i had these ninna rund curtains in my daughter's nursery in our last home... and i just bought them again for our next house currently under construction!

lots of interesting other options too -ikea has become my first go-to when i need window treatments!

pics don't do them justice:

they're so heavy!!

here they are in action:

• ttodd
    10 years ago

Gosh where do I begin? I have the Ektorp sectional which I bought 2nd hand. Quite stiff compared to our last high end sofa, but I wasn't about to spring for a high end white slipcovered sofa until I test drove one for awhile to see if it was manageable in our household. For $200 it has proven to be a good buy. Has become much less stiff but not something I'd buy for keeps.

I have IKEA curtains at all of my windows (the only ready made curtains that I could find long enough and in my tight budget), I have lace panels at DD's windows & love the look so much that I am doing them at all of my windows. I have IKEA rods at some of my windows and wouldn't hesitate to do more.

Lots of IKEA frames - mostly Ribba (?). Bookcases, entertainment stand and bedside tables that have been w/ me for 20+ yrs and have made their rounds w/ our kids too.

Getting a flower ceiling light for DD's room next weekend.

Linens

Lots of pictures and canvases.

Lack coffee table that I got for $15 from the showroom floor that has DD's dollhouse on it.

My list is long and I am rounding out DD's bedroom w/ IKEA storage.

• KelliC
    10 years ago

I have quite a bit of Ikea furniture/items. Some has held up, some hasn't. I usually first go to the "as is" area by the registers. This is out of the way for a lot of people, but if I'm really looking for something I don't want to waste time going throughout the store if it's there cheaper.

I was able to save over 50% on my Hemnes dresser in as is just because it had a scratch on the top. It was already completely put together. I've had this dresser for over 3 years now and it is my favorite piece of furniture. The top is somewhat soft, so I would suggest if this bothers you that the top doesn't look as great after a few years.

I also bought a Tarva nightstand for $40. They're a lot cheaper and unfinished pine. I put this together and then painted it the color I wanted. I then spray it with shellac and it has held up really well.

My eivor cirkel rug is beautiful, soft, and has held up for the past year. It's easy to clean and doesn't lose fibers ever.

I have 2 Asele table lamps. These come with an adjustable dial to turn them on. They're great when you want it lighted but dim in the room. My cats have knocked them over a few times and the shades have held up to this.

I have 5 NOT floor lamps, both with and without the side light for reading. These get wobbly over time and need to be retightened. I love them and they're cheap.

I have several LACK side tables that I've painted and recovered. They hold up well, but tend to chip if you run into them, hence the paint. I also have a LACK coffee table that my bearded dragon's tank is on. It holds the weight and is very sturdy, but it does scratch easily. I also have a VEJMON side table. That one didn't hold up to my puppy's wood chewing stage.. woops.

The BISSA shoe cabinet is great, but it has no cut out for the baseboards which makes mounting it a pain. I plan to replace this soon.

My various IKEA cookware and utensils have held up well but dishwashing tends to kill them after a few times. I have IKEA artwork too that is pretty decent quality. My ottoman is so heavy duty that it chipped my wood floors when it fell.

The one thing I would not buy from there again is pillows. I have bought maybe a handful of pillows for my living room. After only a few months they started stabbing me with feathers.

Oh, and of course my bathmats, shower curtains, wastebaskets, etc. are all great.