Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
baroo2u_gw

Re: 15 Minute Design Challenge...Heeeelp!

Baroo2u
10 years ago

The wallpaper turned out AWESOME. So good, in fact, that I decided to scrap the existing trim and put in brand new! I have this great saw down stairs, and I studied the intertube for hints and I'm beyond jazzed at the results. I'm even thinking of posting this one trick I found that's SO ingenious everyone should know it. BUT...and this is a huge "but" for me but not so much for you wonderful folks...I took a wrong turn yesterday morning and wandered into The Trim Color Twighlight Zone!

As some of you may recall, I'm recovering from a TBI that resulted in vision problems and lots of other notsofunstuff. In my previous life, I never had the time--or truthfully the desire--to obsess over paint colors: Hubby & I loved our job, living in a new place every few years and if I picked the wrong color, Oh Well, maybe the new owners next year will like it. But now? I need stuff to be PERFECT. And while my color vision seems better, it might not be reliable.

So see the pick: my initial trim choice is the darker color, the two others are random off white samples for comparison, and the upright piece is primed white-white. I like the look of the darker trim, but it's semi gloss & too shiny and despite whst the lady at the hardware store says it does NOT match! With regret, I have to retreat to the safety of some variation of off-white but it seems so glaring againt the wallpaper. I spent yesterday millng in confusion--not a good place for me--had a panic attack, had to call my sister to be talked down and following her advice, closed the door and spent the rest of the day making dog food.
But today's a new day, and I'm so anxious to finish this and take pictures and show you all my accomplishment! So...please help me. I was looking at Acadia White & Timid White & Pink Blush b4 I went off the rails yesterday if that helps...
P.S. Sorry for the epic post!
P.P.S. I might have some antique lace or yellowyecru-ish curtains that would look great in this room but not sure...our stuff is spread over 2 continents, a house, storage units and family/friends bsmts & garages : )
P.P.P.S. While I'm here, any suggestions for Bedding color, style, source? Pictures and "Here-buy-this-right-now,Trust-me! Directives" are welcome, I take orders really well, lol!

This post was edited by Baroo2u on Mon, Oct 21, 13 at 7:42

Comments (5)