Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
ratherbesewing

NEW Sarah Richardson show!!

ratherbesewing
9 years ago

HGTV Tuesday morning at 11 and 11:30 AM ( why HGTV??) and it is called Sarah Sees Potential.

Comments (34)

• Annie Deighnaugh
    9 years ago

thanks! I'll set the DVR for sure!

• alex9179
    9 years ago

Yay! I've always like her shows.

• ck_squared
    9 years ago

Thanks! Off to set my DVR.

• caminnc
    9 years ago

I love Sara, thanks!

• joaniepoanie
    9 years ago

Thanks..I really enjoy what she does with a space. This show should be in prime time! Just set my DVR... Can't wait to watch it.

• Fun2BHere
    9 years ago

I don't want to be a Debbie Downer, but I hated the first season of this show because the whole choose-a-house section made no sense. It was clear the producers were struggling to find two more houses to throw into the mix with the house the homeowners had already purchased. The updates were almost always a kitchen or bathroom and there was no Tommy! I hope the second season is better.

If anyone sees a schedule for season 2 of Sarah's Cottage, I hope you'll post. That's the series I'm looking forward to. Her design book, Sarah Style is scheduled for an 11/04/14 release. I'm looking forward to seeing that as well.

• pricklypearcactus
    9 years ago

Thanks for sharing! I have generally liked her shows in the past. I'll be sad if Tommy isn't involved as I think he adds a great dynamic to the show.

• Annie Deighnaugh
    9 years ago

Fun 2b here...you took the words right out of my mouth. I was so disappointed. No Tommy. Hardly any decor. Lots of real estate...like I could care. It was less Sarah and a lot more like love it or list or or property brothers....I had to put the program on pause at the end to even see some the decorating details that they whizzed by. Not at all what I expected... why on earth would you take someone of Sarah's talents and turn her into a real estate agent?

HGTV needs to change the name to RETV...real estate TV.

• caminnc
    9 years ago

I agree with Fun and Annie. I was disappointed as well. I love Tommy, maybe he needs his own show!!!

• gardenpea_gw
    9 years ago

Am I looking in the wrong place? It's too late for this morning if that's when y'all saw it, but it's not on my guide for next Tuesday or any day for that matter. How did I also apparently miss the first season? When was it on?

• schoolhouse_gw
    9 years ago

gardenpea, this show is one of those elusive creatures in our area as well. Usually I never can find them when others here talk about them. Sometimes I find episodes online.

• alex9179
    9 years ago

I'm a real estate stalker. Love looking at what's available in our area but I do not want to watch a designer concentrate on house tours! Sarah's style seems to be evolving and I was really curious to watch her process.

Oh well. I was grocery shopping all day and missed it. Maybe not all day, but it felt like it after the third and last store.

They'll probably reshow it.

Did anyone like the Jennie Garth one? I loved the house and the exterior choices. I didn't see too many interior episodes but I wasn't as smitten with those elements. I thought she'd drive me nuts from the promos, but I liked her.

• joaniepoanie
    9 years ago

I was a little disappointed as well. It was like HH but with a quick redo of a room and not much talk about the choices of materials used, etc. not sure I'll tune in for more.

• ratherbesewing
    Original Author
    9 years ago

This show was disappointing.Basically, it's a House Hunters with Sarah :(

• Fun2BHere
    9 years ago

The show was called Real Potential in Canada which might help if you are searching for it.

• ck_squared
    9 years ago

Boring. Boring. Boring. What a disappointment. Whoever came up with this show concept was way off!

• czarinalex
    9 years ago

Same here... major disappointment. Love Sarah and can't understand why she agreed to this concept.
    I am a real estate junkie but really, really wish they would do more design shows.

• User
    9 years ago

Posted by gardenpea (My Page) on
    Tue, Oct 7, 14 at 20:46

Am I looking in the wrong place? It's too late for this morning if that's when y'all saw it, but it's not on my guide for next Tuesday or any day for that matter. How did I also apparently miss the first season? When was it on?

I believe the 2 shown on Tues were the only ones ever shown in the US.

• arcy_gw
    9 years ago

I enjoy her shows..but would never want to live in one of her rooms. They never appear USER friendly. I live in my home. I will keep and eye out and as already stated love to watch Tommy and her do their thing. Thank you for the heads up!!

• happyintexas
    9 years ago

I was disappointed as well. I wanted Sarah's decorating vibe and vision.

HGTV has several buy and fix up shows--too many really.

I wish they would let Sarah decorate--and yes include Tommy.

• schoolhouse_gw
    9 years ago

Oh, now I'm not too sorry I missed it. I grow so tired of those flipping houses and rehab shows too.

• mjlb
    9 years ago

I've been watching these at my health club (no HGTV at home). Just curious what city the houses are in, as I don't think they ever mention. Prices are fairly high -- seems like every buyer spends about $750,000 plus $40,000 or so on renovations.

• User
    9 years ago

Show was on again this morning.

Sarah's TV projects are usually in and around Toronto.

• allison0704
    9 years ago

I was glad to see Sarah post about it on Facebook yesterday. I had DH set the DVR to record all four of the shows that aired this morning. Hers is the only decorating show I try to catch. I don't watch repeats though.

• catkin
    9 years ago

I noticed it on the TV guide and watched two back to back episodes this morning. It was so strange to me. It's hard to explain but this is how it struck me.

IMO, Sarah seemed to not be herself--for the most part. The out of character (IMO) inflections in her voice were remarkable. She was very demonstrative and overly perky when talking to clients--like she was trying to *handle* their adverse reactions to the fixer-upper homes by being uber enthusiastic, sing song-y if you will--just didn't seem like the usual calm, composed, sly smiling awesome Sarah. It came off as forced. She was trying too hard.

Has the well run dry? Why would she do a crap show? Her others were so classy and well done--the music and lighting etc. on the set almost ethereal--this is such a departure. It it ain't broke don't fix it!

OT but BTW what's become of Candice Olson? Cortney and Robert Novogratz (and all those kids)?

Edited to add that she still does awesome work!

This post was edited by catkin on Thu, Nov 20, 14 at 12:34

• Annie Deighnaugh
    9 years ago

I find Sarah's new show goes down a lot easier with judicious use of fast forward....

• allison0704
    9 years ago

Hate to hear that...

• mjlb
    9 years ago

At least it's better than most of the HGTV nightmare. But generally, I thought her outcomes were perfectly nice, but without much personality or originality. More like staging than interior design for people who just bought a home for themselves.

• allison0704
    9 years ago

Tried to watch the first one. Hate the house hunting aspect of the show!! Thought it was going to be like her other ones. Miss her sidekick, Tommy. Will only look at the finished product in the future, but not the rest of show. Highly disappointed.

• Mick Mick
    9 years ago

I watch the episodes for the end results. I love her sooo much and want her to be successful.

• bondia
    9 years ago

Sarah is one of my two favorite HGTV personalities so I'll watch her in anything, but this show isn't as interesting as her others. And the main problem with the show is - NO TOMMY. Sarah is good, but Sarah and Tommy together are magic.

• josephene_gw
    9 years ago

Did property bros move to the Atlanta area for a few segments?
    Redoing a.home for themselves in the SW or Ca?
    Anybody?

• clt3
    9 years ago

I think Property Bros. house redo is in Las Vegas.

• allison0704
    9 years ago

I watched the other 4 recorded shows, but only the ending. DH thought I was nuts. lol I miss Tommy too. They are a pair!