Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
monicakm1

Off Centered Vanity Faucet

monicakm_gw
9 years ago

I posted this on the Bathroom forum but you guys are much more chatty :)
Do you have one? Do you like it? If not, why? Any disadvantages to placing the faucet at a 10 or 2 o'clock position? With our larger sink and thick granite backsplash, it might be a tight fit to put the faucet where it normally goes. Fabricator is calling me Monday after he remeasures everything. I called him today with my concern. The faucet is just a one hole (no escutcheon). Would be easier to clean around too. But if you can think of any reason why I shouldn't (provided I have a choice) I'm all ears :)
Delta Addison:
Spout Length: 5-1/16â³
Spout Total Height: 10-1/4â³
Spout Height Deck to Aerator: 5-3/4â³

Comments (13)

• joaniepoanie
    9 years ago

Mine is offset(2:00) in our powder room. Not a problem at all and I like the look.

• monicakm_gw
    Original Author
    9 years ago

Thanks joanie. What shape is your sink and does it (or did it ) feel at all awkward?

• PRO
    BeverlyFLADeziner
    9 years ago

Some offset faucet positions seem more successful than others because of the shape of the sink.

• monicakm_gw
    Original Author
    9 years ago

Thanks Beverly. I did find oodles of pictures on Google Images and Houzz with off-set faucets. I guess there aren't many here that actually have one tho. The dark blue floral sink...they should have come around a bit more. I agree, it looks odd.
    My sink is a large oval sink with a single hole faucet (no escutcheon). I should know more tomorrow after talking to the fabricator. Sink will be over to the right, not centered.

• nhb22
    9 years ago

I have them in two bathrooms. Not odd or awkward at all.

Half bath in previous home. I'll show it in our current home in a post below, along with our guest bath sinks and faucets.

{{!gwi}}

• nhb22
    9 years ago

We had to pick these sinks at the last minute as the ones ordered were too small and the plumber needed to finish up for us to get our certificate of occupancy. No time to wait for a new order. I had planned to replace the "salad bowls", but have never gotten around to it.

I like your sink...can you tell me about it?

Half Bath - Current home

]

• monicakm_gw
    Original Author
    9 years ago

Thanks for the pictures everyone. Fabricator called today and said there is going to be room for the faucet behind the sink. He will have to scoot the sink towards the front of the vanity 1/2". But, we're still very much interested in the offset look. Don't have to make our minds up now tho. They will drill the faucet hole on-site. We can look and play with the placement then.
    newhomebuilder...LOVELY bathrooms! As for my sink, it's an Oceana Glass Sink from JSG. It's not made from your typical soda lime glass. I can't recall the name of it but it's extremely durable, scratch resistant and withstands water temps of 212+ (they're also used in the kitchen). I have the Crystal Reflections color in my bathroom. DH's is called Cobalt Copper. He wanted a copper sink and I knew it would be a maintenance nightmare! Here are the various colors in their undermount sinks

Here is a link that might be useful: JSG Oceana Sinks

• nhb22
    9 years ago

Thank you!

• joaniepoanie
    9 years ago

Monica.....I have an oval sink, above counter, very small vanity in a a very small powder room. The faucet would not have fit behind the sink. It's not awkward at all...it's on the right side....well, maybe just a bit awkward for me since I'm left-handed! No...really not a problem, even for me.

• monicakm_gw
    Original Author
    9 years ago

Thank you joanie. I'm 99% sure we're going with the offset look :)

• itltrot
    9 years ago

There's a new reveal posted in bathrooms that show offset sinks.

• monicakm_gw
    Original Author
    9 years ago

itltrot, if you're referring to tarhillchick, I saw it :) Thanks tho :)

• monicakm_gw
    Original Author
    9 years ago

And it's finally in! Granite and sink was installed tonight (and I mean TONIGHT). They didn't get here till 7 and left at 9:30. I had them drill the faucet hole at 2'oclock. Plumber will be here Monday. Can't wait to see how it's going to look and to have a Tapmaster in DH's bathroom (and to have DH back in his own bathroom) ;)