Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
loving_life36

Need ideas for coordinating color with BM Wythe Blue

loving_life
13 years ago

I have decided to paint our kitchen Benjamin Moore's Wythe Blue. I think it will look nice with our cream cabinets. Our living room is next to the kitchen, but it is not an open floor plan.

So, I'm hoping to paint our living room a nice color that meshes well with the kitchen, since they are so close to each other. I am thinking of a brown color - not dark or chocolate brown, but maybe a brown/grey-ish color. I would love to do some blue accents with the accessories to tie the two rooms together. Any ideas or advice for the living room paint color? Thanks for any help!

Comments (9)

• loribee
    13 years ago

What color is your LR furniture?? Rug?

• busybee3
    13 years ago

i found i really liked bm's weimeraner which is a brownish gray...deep enough to add color and depth, but not a deep color...to me, looks alot lighter on walls than you would think from the chip. i painted my master bedroom this color and have the ceiling painted gray wisp which is a bluish greenish gray and it looks nice together!

• tuesday_2008
    13 years ago

my3dogs paited her foyer Wyeth Blue or a similar color (if I rember correctly) and we all know she is awesome at ooordinating colors, while using lots of prints, fabrics and textures, which is not easy for most of us mortals. Maybe someone has her pics saved, or perhaps she will pop in here.

Tuesday

• amysrq
    13 years ago

Take a look at Sherwood Tan 1054. It is a nice "paper bag brown" that probably won't go pink or too yellow on you. At least it's a place to start.

• loving_life
    Original Author
    13 years ago

Thanks everyone for the ideas so far! I should have mentioned that the living couch will have an off-white slip cover and we have a dark leather chair. I will be buying new end tables and an ottoman of some sort, along with all new accessories for my very dated living room.

• Lyban zone 4
    13 years ago

I had this photo saved in my inspriation file for someday when I need it. It is affinity color by BM called weimaraner. I think as busybee says it would look nice.
    {{!gwi}}

• yayagal
    13 years ago

BM Wheeling is the perfect compliment to BM Wythe, you won't be disappointed. You can google and see the color on the BM site but that only works if your computer shows true color. It's a very neutral tan, soo yummy and perfect for a kitchen. By the way, Wythe is a gorgeous color.

• My3dogs ME zone 5A
    13 years ago

Tuesday 2008, You are TOO kind! I cracked up when I read your post. Yes, I did do my entry in Wythe Blue, but I don't have any brown walls in the house. The adjoining LR is Ben Moore - Philadelphia Cream on top and Baked Terra Cotta below. The second pic of the LR below shows the colors more accurately.

On the other side of the entry, the DR has Thibaut 'Hunterdon' wallpaper above, and Ben Moore Crimson on the bottom, which is the color of the kitchen. The wallpaper happens to bring in every color that I have used in my house. You can see the Wythe Blue chip on the wallpaper in the second pic below. The color match is is pretty amazing. And, the dark color that you see in the paper which outlines the print is a nice rich brown!

• denali2007
    13 years ago

I used BM Affinity color Hush. No undertones. It looks light on the deck sample but I find that the colors from the Affinity line seem to intensify on the walls.I painted the ceiling in this room Constellation which is a blue and also an Affinity color. Try looking at the Affinity deck it has some nice browns.