Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
txmarti

Do you have to sign up just to browse Joss & Main?

TxMarti
9 years ago

Or is there a way around it? The last thing I want is more spam email.

Comments (15)

• patricianat
    9 years ago

yes,

• Olychick
    9 years ago

Just put in a fake email address....

• LucyStar1
    9 years ago

Can someone provide some information on Joss & Main?
    Are they owned by someone else? Why does one have to be a member? Is it that the prices are lower than other websites?

• Olychick
    9 years ago

It's a gimmick to make people think they are getting "exclusive" items and also to mine email addresses. Owned by Wayfair.

• 4boys2
    9 years ago

Everyone should have a junk email address.I receive 2 emails a day from them.
    I just image searched about 20 items currently on their site.
    From rugs to beds to lighting.
    The prices were quite lower at J&M.

This post was edited by forboystoo on Sun, Sep 7, 14 at 14:50

• Fun2BHere
    9 years ago

You can opt out of the Emails once you have an account set up.

• patty_cakes
    9 years ago

Various bloggers are also asked to participate in the selections, a good plug for their blog also.I like to browse, but have never ordered. I send an email re:a headboard, and never had a reply which irritated me. It would have been a $400 sale, but maybe it wasn't worth someone's effort.

• User
    9 years ago

I have ordered several items from Joss & Main and have been very happy.

In fact, one time the price listed on the page was different from the price when I added to my cart. I called customer service and received wonderful service. While they could not honor the mistake price originally listed, I did get a discount which I was happy with. After I received the item, the same customer service rep emailed me to make sure I was happy.

The item I ordered was a dining room table. I'd been looking for a dining room table for years. Since I use the room once or twice a year, I was not willing to spend a lot of money on a table. This table was very inexpensive and looked ok in the pictures. Decided to take a chance, not really expecting too much. Well, when it came and I opened the box, I did a happy dance. It's beautiful. In fact, one thing I wanted was inlay in the table, but not being willing to spend much money, never found a table I liked that was in my price range with inlay. The one picture of the table didn't show the top, so imagine my delight when the table had inlay. Such a nice surprise.

Anyway, sorry for the long post, but wanted to say that I've been quite happy with Joss & Main.

• deegw
    9 years ago

I think Joss and Main does a good job of presenting Wayfair items in a stylish manner but as mentioned above, items are often available on other websites for less money.

I have ordered a few small things. Canvas overnight bags with cute geometric prints for my daughters and a few small accessories that I couldn't find elsewhere. My one furniture order for an end table was canceled by them. I suspect there was a pricing issue because the item and shipping were considerably cheaper than anywhere else.

• 4boys2
    9 years ago

Sorry deee~
    I edited my statement...Should have read the prices at J&M are much lower. In some cases even less then Wayfair.
    Take this funky light. Even Sears has it for 576.00 J&M has it listed for 403.00.

• 4boys2
    9 years ago

I even scare myself with my sense of lighting style :)
    Crushing on this one ..
    Amazon 476.00
    J&M 392.00.
    I don't think I've ever ordered from them because I'm not much of a spur of the moment type shopper.

• Boopadaboo
    9 years ago

I really like that first one you posted forboystoo. I am totally tempted. :)

• tmpmustang gmailcom5
    6 years ago

Yes, spam. Dishonest company.

I ordered 2 pet gazebos and received 2 cheap gazebo covers .....6 Days Late.....after Christmas! BAIT and SWITCH!!!!!!
    No customer service. Warning, RUN!!!!! Just the run around. RUN!!!!!!! Joss and main is the worst online company that I have dealt with. RUN!!!!!

Offered to sell me a gazebo for over $100. In addition to what I paid. Dishonest!!!!!!

I have no words and no expectations from joss and main at this point just disappointment after disappointment.

NO customer service from case management, and now NO delivery for Christmas.
    2 pet gazebo ordered on 12/12/17 with delivery 12/22/17

NO DELIVERY

Nothing under the Christmas tree. Thank you.

Something is clearly shady.

As of 12/20/17 8:36 pm, shipped 2 Laurie pet gazebos. PET GAZEBOS!

Invoice states that I will receive 2 pet gazebo ordered on 12/12/17 delivery 12/22/17. Gazebos covers delivered on 12/28/17 two cheap covers.

Be warned!

• User
    6 years ago
    last modified: 6 years ago

This is kind of on topic- I learned that Wayfair is also the parent company for Joss & Main and Birch Lane. I recently purchased a media console, which was on all three websites but for different prices (& sometimes different names). I always check before purchasing.

$685- https://www.wayfair.com/furniture/pdp/birch-lane-hubert-70-tv-stand-bl7753.html?piid=22863633

$859- https://www.birchlane.com/furniture/pdp/hubert-70-tv-stand-bl7753.html?piid=22863633

$819- https://www.jossandmain.com/furniture/pdp/penn-acacia-media-console-bl7753.html?piid=22863633