Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
kjmama_gw

anyone done a brown and white tile checkerboard floor?

kjmama
13 years ago

Thinking about a brown and white checkerboard floor, but can't seem to find the look I'm after. Anyone done this?

Comments (9)

• rj56
    13 years ago

kjmama,
    I have been thinking of a similar project, but just cannot find something that fits the bill. What type of product did you want to use for your tiles? Home Depot has some traffic master "luxury vinyl." They do have a brown that is special order. I think the tiles are 12x12 then it also comes in an oblong (not sure of dimensions) But, then I do not think there is a white tile in this group, only gray and camel. Mohawk makes a tile look laminate that comes in squares, I would think that could be done in a checkerboard pattern also. But as I said, probably not exactly what you're looking for.

• Oakley
    13 years ago

This may give you an idea. We did our Kitchen and Utility room in Crossville Tile. It's rust and cream.

I love Crossville, their tiles come in all different colors, sizes and materials. Kind of pricey but well worth the extra money.

They will also send you small free samples so you can decide on colors.

• kjmama
    Original Author
    13 years ago

Thanks I will check those out.
    oakleyok - what a pretty room!

• pupwhipped
    13 years ago

And I loved Oakley's floor so much, I copied it and put it in my basement. I adore it...it makes me smile every time I walk down the stairs and see it come into view. Thanks again, Oakley!

• Arapaho-Rd
    13 years ago

I have a black/white ceramic tile floor on the diagonal. Always loved the look and still do, it's just a nightmare keeping clean. My tiles are a flat matte finish - no pattern to disguise dirt, etc. That was a big mistake - if I were to do it over, I pick a varigated tile that would show less.

• trisha57_ny
    13 years ago

Always wanted to do a checkerboard floor. I think they are timeless and always look great. Never thought of BROWN and white. It's beautiful! especially with the off-white cabinets. do it.

• vampiressrn
    13 years ago

Wow oakleyok, that is a gorgeous kitchen. I love the look of brown and white or brown and tan.

• sayde
    13 years ago

Just did a brown and cream checkerboard floor in the kitchen. I used 6 inch tiles -- Seneca Hand Mold in Espresso and Cappuchino. They are a hand-made glazed quarry with glaze variations and little divots. I used a smaller tile because the room is not very large-- about 12 by 13 -- and I wanted it to have a twenties/vintage feeling consistent with the house (1927 tudor). I love the floor -- it reminds me of an old bakery and the colors make me think of chocolate and vanilla, coffee and cream. It really does look vintage and works with the natural gumwood. Good luck with yours!

Sponsored
EA Home Design
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars69 Reviews
Loudoun County's Trusted Kitchen & Bath Designers | Best of Houzz