Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
winker58

Anyone Used Any of Those Transfer On Wall Quotes?

winker58
16 years ago

I have a neighbor that is selling Uppercase Living. I know there are several other companies out there, cannot remember the names, that have transfer on wall quotes and vines, etc. I am wondering if anyone has pictures of what they did with their quotes and if they were easily removed and did not ruin the wall underneath the quote. My husband is leary about putting one up on the wall.

Comments (10)

• over_spender
    16 years ago

My friend has the Wonderful Graffiti family definition. It's very nice. I have only used WG Valentine hearts around the holiday. They came off easily. My hearts had smaller letters and it was a little time consuming but it didn't damage the paint at all.

• snookums
    16 years ago

I put one up from Walltalk.ca, which has stuff similar to Uppercase Living. The thing with Uppercase Living though is that they are a direct-sales only company, like Avon or PartyLite - you must buy through a consultant.

It was easy to put up, but I haven't tried to take it off. The directions say they peel off after heating with a blowdryer though.

Mine says

HOME
    Is where our story begins.

I put it on the wall of my scrapbooking room.

Check out the site below - it's pretty extensive. There's also another company, I forget the name, that will make you a custom one.

Here is a link that might be useful: Walltalk

• cpannkuk_rhsrealty_com
    16 years ago

I have used Uppercase and it is great stuff! I love that you can customize it to say what ever you want. I have 2 quotes on my walls. They are not hard to put up, but just be patient.... and if it is a bigger quote maybe an extra set of hands to help.
    I love them!

• wallsthattalk_gmail_com
    16 years ago

I am a demonstrator for Uppercase Living and I have moved a few times since I started and I have had to take down several that had been up on the wall for long periods of time. They came of easily and did not leave anything behind. Tip: If it does not lift easily, take a blowdryer to it for about 30 seconds and the ends will curl up and it will peel right off. I have never tried another brand, but I do know there are several out there. With Uppercase Living you can get free samples to try on your walls and it really helps the husbands understand what it is. (I have a had more than a few leary husbands) If you don't already know someone and you'd like to see an online catalog or want some free samples-I'd be glad to send some! Just go to www.uppercaseliving.com and register under "Customer Login" use ID#879499 and token: boyd. You don't have to have a party to order. Hope this helps! Stephanie Boyd, Uppercase Living Independent Demonstrator

• pgzapf
    16 years ago

Hello,
    I am going to jump on the wagon. I had already started this reply when I saw a distributor had written you already.
    I am a brand new distributor. The transfers are easy to install and come with simple instructions. Also they are easy to remove and do not leave anything on walls normally. I have been advised that the only problem encountered has been when they have been applied to "construction paint", a watered down product or when the walls have been painted over multiple times.
    I will send anyone that replies to my email a few samples to try if they will write me. That way you can try these for yourself.
    The expressions are beautiful and very impressive. They are a great addition to any decor whether it is for your home, business, or work.
    My distributor # is 415331 and token is gail.
    Best of luck to you. P. Zapf

• robin2007
    16 years ago

We have several of them throughout our home. I even had my girls' names made for their bedroom walls.

Here is a photo of the wall in our great room. I originally bought a smaller version of this saying, and it was just way too small. So, I removed it and purchased this larger version.

I bought all of mine from ebay. Awesome prices, and most of the sellers will do custom sayings.
    The one I removed was very simple to do. I just hit it with the blow dryer for a minute, and it crinkled right up and I was able to peel it all off in minutes. No residue left behind.

• robin2007
    16 years ago

I wanted to mention that I paid $35 for the transfer shown in the picture.

• happy2bme
    16 years ago

robin 2007, what did u type in on ebay to find your transfers? Love yours.

• Marcia Thornley
    16 years ago

I removed one from a painted wall very easily. I first used a hair dryer for several seconds to soften it and then used tweezers to very easily pull it off. You can't see any marks on the wall at all. I removed it so we could repaint.

• robin2007
    16 years ago

Try typing in "vinyl wall sayings". It will bring quite a few up. Then you can contact individual sellers and ask them about custom quotes, etc. Just make sure you read the measurements of the quotes.