Return to the Home Decorating & Design Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Need Help With Backsplash send me some pics and names of some. Th

Posted by riceel (My Page) on
Tue, Sep 25, 12 at 23:01

I am not happy with this one sure am having trouble picking them out. My cabinets are natural maple, and have saint celcilia granite cabinet tops and what do you think about a backsplash. THANKS SO MUCH!

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Need Help With Backsplash send me some pics and names of some

My only question would be what is on the floor?But anyway I think the one on the right looks lovely with it. There is no a lot of contrst but it has lots of levels of texture and is very visually appealing- at least to me.

o

I have to disagree with sheilaaus. It is much too busy for your granite. Your eyes would be on overload! I would pick up one of the creams in the granite.
If you want to jazz it up, then do so with accent pieces.
Look at the Finished Kitchen Blog. I have not been on since it has been updated, but hopefully you can see specifics, like others who have your granite and what they did.
My kitchen is white, I have Grazia Rixie crema subways with my dark Giallo Ornamental granite. It is as busy as yours but different shades of brown, taupe and cream.

o

Here is mine (just for an idea). I think something less busy will look best with your granite.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

o

I like the backsplash, just not with that counter and cabinets. I would tend to go with something white or a light cream--solid in color, b/c of the business of St. Cecilia. Countrygal's is more in the direction I would think.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Home Decorating & Design Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here