Return to the Home Decorating & Design Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Help me find this candle!

Posted by jlnick (My Page) on
Sun, Sep 2, 12 at 22:45

I'd like to attempt to recreate this Christmas centerpiece. I've been searching online and have found tree-shaped candles that are similar. But I'm having a hand time finding the glittery pillar candles that are shown. I especially like the one all the way to the right, which looks like it has a quilted pattern/texture in addition to the sparkle. I've been googling and can't seem to find anything quite like it, and I'm not sure if I'm using the right keywords. Someone gave us a green one like this once, so I'm sure they're out there somewhere.

Anyone have any ideas where to look for such an item? Or what keywords you'd use to describe this candle in a web search? Thanks for any help! I have a toddler at home so it's hard to spend lots of time browsing the aisles of different stores looking for all the elements of a centerpiece.

http://www.houzz.com/photos/351674/Portfolio-traditional-dining-room-boston

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Help me find this candle!

I have a lot of those glittery pillar candles (white, red, green, silver) I've purchased over the years at Bath and Body Works. You might check there when it gets closer to Christmas.
Dee

o

I just googled glittery gold candles and came up with loads of them. Do the google search and then click on images in the left column. When you see one you like, click on it and you can find the source.

o

Those usually appear at Marshalls, TJMaxx and Home Goods right after Halloween (sometimes even before!).

o

You might try Emailing the poster of the picture:
Stacy Curran, South Shore Decorating, http://www.southshoredecorating.com

Include the picture and ask her about sources for the candles.

o

Make them!!...buy plain pillars or tree shapes and trim them....dip in melted wax and then glitter, there are spray on glues you can use.

Here is a link that might be useful: Centerpiece

o

It states that they are "glitter"
Maybe it's just a bad pic~

Here is a link that might be useful: http://www.wayfair.com/Zest-Candle-Glitter-Pillar-Candle-CPZ-166-CPZ-167-FJI1015.html

o

Try searching "wedding pillar"

I guess you don't want to go flameless ?

o

Michaels and Hobby Lobby have their full Christmas out. There are many glitter candles and usually a sale going on. You can also buy glitter paint for candles, do not know how well this works though. or a how to says to use modge podge and roll candle in glitter.

In running a search, I would want to look at the candle in person. None found that are as stylish as yours. And found it interesting that so many are made of beads.

o

Thanks for all the great suggestions! I attempted my own glitter candles last Christmas from Pinterest, and they were an epic fail LOL. So this year I've decided to embrace my non-craftiness and buy them from the get-go. Yeah, the ones I saw online weren't quite as stylish as the ones in the photo. I'll take a look at the places you guys mentioned. Thanks again!

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Home Decorating & Design Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here